Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day





Today I decided that I was getting Mark out of the house after being cooped up inside for a week no matter what it took! I took him into town today, and did really romantic things like got the car washed, went to the bank, he sat in the car while I went into the store, ya know really mushy gushy stuff like that! At the end of the day we picked Dayton up after school, and went to Outback for dinner, we sat in a booth way in the back of the restaurant and it was really dimly lit so Mark didn't feel uncomfortable with people staring at his eyes. It was wonderful! It has been a long time since we have been out together so it was really special. Then when we came home I broke out the new chocolate fountain that I got for Christmas and we had a blast dipping our fruit and poundcake into the warm chocolate! It was delicious!!!!! I was so excited when Mark informed me that tomorrow I can go and pick out a new Vera Bradley bag! I usually get one while we are on vacation in Florida but it doesn't look like we will be going this year due to all of the medical issues with our family, so I will go to my favorite local VB dealer tomorrow and try and decided which one I want the most! I love them all! Here are a few pictures from our sweet night at home with our favorite valentines!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Myah is just precious. That fountain looks yummy. Have fun picking out your new bag! My favorite from the new fabrics - Raspberry Fizz. But don't let me influence your decision. ;)

Shelby

Nikki said...

Sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day to me!
Love the chocolate fountain...yum!

Have fun picking out your new bag!

Jill said...

Yummm... I love chocolate fondue. And I love Vera Bradley. VB has some really cute spring items. Have fun shopping.

Erin said...

Happy Valentine's day to your family!

Erin said...

Happy Valentine's day to your family!

jennifer said...

Looks like alot of fun. Glad Mark is feeling better. I love VB. Good luck deciding which one to get!

Football and Fried Rice said...

oohhh...fondue!! Yummy:) Can't wait to see your new bag!!

Leslie said...

What fun times with your kids and the chocolate fountain. I'm glad Mark got out and about with you. That does make you feel more human, when you start moving around.

I love VB also, so have fun shopping. It's so hard to decide which one isn't it!!! Let us know which one you choose.

Heather said...

That chocolate fountain looks like fun on a table!!

I'm partial to Cambridge this week, but it could change, so best wishes choosing your new bag!

So glad Mark got out and about - I hope he is doing well, we continue to pray him better:)

Have a happy weekend!
Heather

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I am craving some major chocolate after seeing this awesome post!!!

I love how you celebrated the day. You have add such nice touches to things. I admire you tremendously.

Hope it was a happy day!

Have fun picking out your VB bag. They're all YUMMY.

Lisa

Dawn said...

So glad you got out of the house and celebrated a little. My son was looking over my shoulder as I read this post going crazy...he wants me to get a chocolate fountain sooo bad!!

Lori said...

Oh Leslie, that's sweet, I'm glad you could get some time together and get Mark out of the house. :)
The chocolate dipped goodies look so good!
Happy Valentine's Day to your family!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh my that chocolate fountain looks good! Love sweet Myah's face with the chocolate on it!

~Lynn

Colleen said...

How fun is that!! Chocolate fondue...YUM!!! Myah is sooo cute and seems to have really enjoyed the fodue!:)I'm glad you had a wonderful Valentines!!

Jodee said...

Wow! It looks like you had a blast!

3 Peanuts said...

Sound like a nice day even running errands. The chocolate sounds divine:)

Kim

DiJo said...

HI! So glad to hear you got out with your Valentine!!!! And, you other two are precious too!! I love the pics of Myah in her Etsy top! Her hair looks beautiful in those pics!! I was eyeing a VB laptop bag. I think the pattern was called Mocha!
Take care!
Diana

Anonymous said...

Myah is darling. I am afraid these pictures of chocolate almost undid my diet :).

Stefanie said...

Well, the day might not have been totally romantic, but your evening sure looked fun!! I LOVE the picture of Myah with a chocolate covered smile... so glad everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day :)

Blogs by Danielle said...

Myah looks like she's enjoying that chocolate.

Glad you had such a great V Day