Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy!






Sorry I have been such a bad blogger lately but we have been finally enjoying our summer now that baseball is over.

Last Wednesday was my birthday and I had a busy day but it was still special. We went out to Outback for dinner, my favorite, and we came home and had cake and ice cream with our neighbors. Mark had bought me a dozen white roses and arranged them himself, I actually thought he purchased them in a vase, that is how good they looked! He had got off at 3 am that night and said he was arranging them at 4 am, so that I would see them when I woke up, what a guy. He always buys me white because that is what I carried in my wedding bouquet, so sweet that he still remembers the details. He had bought me my new zoom lens before we went to New York and I also ordered this necklace at an art fair with both Myah and Dayton's names on it. I have seen these and really like them and this woman was charging a third of the price that I have seen so I ordered one for my birthday and she had it to me in 2 days! I also received some birthday money so I went out yesterday and did a bit of shopping and chose a new label maker, someone broke my old one and I label everything so this was a necessity! I also bought a laminating machine, Costco had both of these items for under $30 and I was so excited. My family loves to laminate things so I figured it was about time I had my own. I also bought a nice book for my camera to help me learn how to use all the features! My favorite purchase was the new Colin Cowie book, I saw him on Oprah and I loved that episode, this is pretty much everything he talked about on there, I have wanted this for a while so I figured my birthday was a big enough occasion to splurge on it. Thank you everyone for your sweet bday wishes, I laughed that some of you couldn't believe that I am 38, you are all way to kind!!!! I feel every bit of it!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Leslie, your birthday sounds like it was a wonderful celebration! I'm glad you are out enjoying your summer! Cooperstown is so pretty and the pics your took are gorgeous!
I cracked up at Myah with your plate holders because I have the exact same ones and Elliot does the same thing with mine!! She's still such a princess, just a 'tough' one. :)

Heather said...

Looks like a celebration! I love my laminator - I use it for so many things and the label maker goes without saying, my husband believes there are support groups for this;)

So happy you got some splurgey things that bring joy to you.

Happy, happy birthday
Heather

Erin said...

Happy birthday Leslie! You look so cute in that photo! I love the photos of Myah and the plate holders... she is really a funny little girl! Hope Dayton is better... I am worrying.