Friday, August 8, 2008

Let the Games Begin!





I am so excited as I am sure many of you are to watch the Beijing Olympis 2008! I remember when we were in China our guide explaining to us that 8-8-08 was the luckiest day in China and the number 8 is meant to bring good fortune. We received Myah on 6-6-06, another very lucky day in Chinese culture. I remember when we were in Beijing there was alot of construction and hype about the Olympics coming. I can't believe how quickly that 2 years has past. I love watching the Olypics and cannot wait to tune in especially this year with it being in China and all. I was so excited to see that many of the stores have sections devoted to the Chinese heritage. Many of the PBS shows lately have had many stories pertaining to the Chinese as well. I have found it to be very interesting and informative. Of course the pollution has been a huge source of bad publicity and let me just say that the pollution was very bad when we were there, I am hoping that it has improved.

From the images that I have seen it looks like they had a beautiful opening ceremony, if I know one thing the Chinese like their pagentry and tradition. I can't wait to watch it tonight! Here are a few images from the opening ceremony that I found online.

Also I want to thank all of you for your prayers for Dayton, he is getting better at a snails pace but he isn't in the pain that he initiallly was, which is good!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne and I watched last night and loved it all . . . I thought it was amazing!

Praying Dayton feels much better soon.

Jennifer