Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Buzz




Well, it happened, Myah got her first bee sting yesterday. We have been working outside on my flower garden and the bees are everywhere. Myah is my little helper, she even wears her gardening gloves (or glubs as she calls them). She came walking down our deck and got stung on her pointer finger just below her nail. She cried and cried for about a minute, of course you always worry that she might be allergic, but we are happy to say, it looks like she can tolerate a bee sting just fine. As soon as we told her she was going to get some medicine and a band aid, she was all better. She is a tough cookie! I have always used a mixture of baking soda and water to make a paste for the sting, my parents did this with us and it works!

She also had a little visitor the other day. My neighbor Pam is watching little Kendall all summer and she brings her over now and then. Myah loves her and on this day they decided to play with their babies. Kendall soon became the baby, she wanted to be pushed in the doll stroller and Myah loved pushing a real baby around!

I can't believe that summer is winding down, I feel like it just gets started and then it is over. We are going away for the weekend to get some sun and sand and school shopping!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Ohhh poor Myah! Faith was stung several times over 4th of July and it is not fun! Glad the trauma wasn't too bad!:)

Jill said...

Ahhh... poor little finger. I'm glad Myah is such a strong girl and she's okay. Not sure I could handle a bee sting as well as she did. :)

3 Peanuts said...

OUCH! I am glad little Myah is okay! Hope you have a GREAT weekend away:)

Love,
Kim

Erin said...

Ouch... I know what you mean though, about knowing now that she is not allergic. A relief, to be sure. Hope the end of your summer is fun and relaxing. It did go by so quickly, didn't it?

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a brave Miss Myah! I know my boys are always asking if there are "bees on their backs"? They are so paranoid :)

jennifer said...

Hope you had a great weekend. I hope that bee didn't discourage her from wanting to be out there.