Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Busy Weekend!

I love my men in uniforms!
Myah was dirtier than Dayton was !

The dads with their daughters on referral day
I love this picture even though it is blurry! Four brothers and two little Chinese sisters!

We had an action packed weekend! Dayton had his first baseball tournament, Mark had to work all weekend and we had our referral day anniversary. It was fun because the tournament took place in the city that Mark works in so he was able to come and watch Dayton's game on Friday night. Mark also decided that he wanted to watch his games on Saturday as well, this meant that he wasn't going to sleep much. I don't know how he does it but he stayed up the better part of 41 hours. So as you can imagine, these past few days that he has been off I have found him napping alot! Then on Sunday we got together for a Chinese lunch with our good friends John and Sheri and all of our kids! Sheri and I got together last year as well and we hope that this is a tradition that we can carry on for years to come. We went to a park afterwards and let the kids play for a while, their family is so special to us and we enjoy spending time together with them.
We gave Myah the book Fancy Nancy to mark this celebration and she just loves it, she calls it Fanfy Dancy. On Monday we went to watch our old baseball team play and Miss Whitney was there watching her big brother. Myah was so excited, she had told me the night before that she was missing her so she was glad to sit and share a snack with her during the game.

It is a big week around our house, yesterday we picked up our boat from storage and brought it home to load it up with skis, tubes and lifejackets, I can't wait to take it out for the first time this year! Even bigger news is that tomorrow we will wake up with a teenager in our house! Dayton will be 13! I cannot believe it! I will do a special post tomorrow in his honor. Here are a few very out of focus pictures from this weekend.

5 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

How fun to celebrate this special day together with another great family. I love how deep your bond runs with them!

Congratulations!!!

Colleen said...

Hee hee! I love the picture of Myah down in the dirt! That is exactly what Faith would do at her brothers games! And yes, she would come home much more dirty than her brother!:) I love it! All the photos are lovely! Happy early birthday to your new teenager!! We too will be celebrating one of those this summer!

Sheri said...

We had a great time with you guys on Sunday! So glad that we were able to work it out to get together. Love the pictures of your men in uniform, and the picture of Myah in the dirt is too cute! Hope you have a great day tomorrow celebrating Dayton's 13th birthday.

Roger That said...

Love the pictures! So cute. Aubry and Joni have been enjoying the dirt while we are here in Utah and I just can't take it!

Heather said...

LOVE these pictures - the one with Myah under the bleachers totally cracked me up! Both my girls would be in there:)

I love the sweet relationship you share with Sarah and her family - truly a blessing!

Happy Birthday Dayton!

Heather