Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Letter from Dad ...Special Encore Presentation

As we reflect on what this day means to our family, I can't help but remember the love that I felt for Myah, from the moment I heard her name, she was mine. Ours. We were her parents and big brother. We had a daughter, finally, after 10 years of waiting, we got to make "those " calls again. I will never forget tracking the package online, knowing that it had made it to our agency, calling my adoption buddies, driving across the state to see her face for the first time, and sharing that special day and moment with our friends and seeing their daugther's faces for the first time. It was perfect, that is all I can say....perfect. My dear sweet husband surprised me the night that we received Myah's referral with this beautiful letter that he wrote to her and asked if I could post it on our other website for her. I did not know that he had wrote anything and this completely amazed me, they were the sweetest, most genuine words that I had ever heard. Mark has such a tender heart and while I was reading it the tears were streaming down his face. You hear from me all of the time, I thought it would be special to share his thoughts from that day as well. I think he sums up everything that we were feeling just perfectly.
A letter from Dad
April 27, 2006
Myah...
I want to share my thoughts with you as we wait to come and bring you home. There is so much excitement surrounding your arrival. We have asked God so many times to bless us with another child and until now He has asked us to wait. Sometimes we wondered why we had to wait so long but we had faith that God was leading us where He wanted us to go. Last January, God finally said that it was time and today he has blessed us with you!
God knew long ago that he was going to bless our family by bringing us together.
We want you to know that you are already loved and will continue to be loved by us forever. You will never again be alone, you will never yearn for affection, you will never wonder if you are loved, and you will always have a warm and loving home to call your own.
I also want to tell you a little bit about your Mom, Leslie. Let me start by saying that she is the most caring and loving person that I know. I was blessed when she chose to spend her life with me and you will be blessed by this as well. God could not have chosen a more loving and compassionate person to be your Mom. Your Mom is so excited and anxious to come and bring you home. She has always looked at little girl’s clothes and wondered what it would be like to love and pamper her own daughter … and now she will wonder no more. You and your mother deserve each other and you both will complete each other. She prays for you every day asking God to watch over you and keep you safe. The day that we finally see you and are able to hold you is the very day that God has been preparing us for. When your Mom holds you in her arms for the first time, you will have not doubt that you are loved and you are safe. In fact, I am sure that God has already comforted your heart, knowing that you are loved very much.
What about your big brother, Dayton ?!!!! Well, he is so excited to come and get you. He has been praying every night for you and he always says, “And God bless Myah”. How cool is it that you have a big brother that is asking God to watch over you. He loves you so much and that is the neat thing about your brother, he loves you because you’re his little sister. In fact, last January he came to your mother and I and told us that he would like a little sister – I think this had a lot to do with your friend, Whitney (you will get to meet and play with her very soon). Also, I hope you like baseball because as soon as we get you home, Dayton is going to want you to watch him play ball.
Myah, I just want you to know that your big brother will always watch over and protect you and will love you with all his heart.
Today when we went and got your referral we met our other parents there and we were able to see pictures of your other friends who are coming home with you. You will be so blessed to grow up and make lifelong friends and memories with these girls, some of which you have known since birth.
So many of our friends and family have been praying for us and especially for you. We are surrounded by a special group of people in our lives and we could not ask for anything more. We can’t wait to get you home so everyone can enjoy you!!!
Each and every day, Myah, I pray that God will wrap his loving arms around you and comfort your heart; knowing that soon we will come and bring you home. I pray that your wonderful caregivers will watch over you and keep you safe; please know that the hugs and kisses that they give you are extensions from us. We are so blessed to be your parents; you will bring so much love to our family.
We will be there soon!! You're in God's hands now and we know that he will keep you safe until we get there!!
I love you,
Dad

4 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful, just beautiful - what a kind, gentle man- a blessing in every way:)

Heather

Christy said...

I am sitting here crying. That was beautiful and how nice to hear a man express himself like that-- beautiful!!

Christy :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

so sweet. so beautiful that Myah's daddy thought to take the time to record how he was feeling!

Dawn said...

So beautiful...Mark's letter is so sweet, what a man!!