Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sarah Comes to Play

Myah is on the left and Sarah is on the right in all of these pictures




We were so lucky to have Sheri and Sarah over to play today. It just worked out perfectly that she is leaving for Florida tomorrow and the men in her life went to the Tigers game so she hung out with us today while they were at the game. Sadly, the time just goes to fast. I can't put into words the relationship between our families. I feel like Sarah and Myah are the closest thing to real life sisters that they will ever have. Same orphanage, born in the same month, same personalities, we got them at the same time, this list could go on and on. Sheri and I always crack up at how it takes a good hour and a half now for the two of them to accept each other. They fight just like sisters. Then they realize that they love each other and they start to have fun. The tea ceremony seemed to be the ice breaker today! We went up to Myah's room and the girls played so well together with the tea set. They each adorned a tiny tiara, you know every princess needs one, we sent Sarah home with one! The girls fought over a toy computer all day, hmmmm, must see the mommies on it quite a bit and they want in on the action! I just love it when we get together, I start missing her at the moment she says it is time to leave. Pout. We are always amazed at how blessed we are to have these special little girls in our lives and we are constantly reminding each other of that even when things get a little hairy. To say Myah and Sarah are spicy is in an understatement. But we wouldn't want them any other way! I just love those little girls so much, Sarah as much as Myah. I always joke to Mark that any of the 7 little girls from our orphanage could have been ours, it was up to the CCAA to match us in that room at the same time. God placed each of our girls with the perfect family, but I can't help but love them all so much. Sheri brought me the prettiest yellow tulip, she said that Sarah picked it out. It was just what I needed to brighten my day! Thanks for coming over girls! Have a great time in Florida!

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Could they be any cuter?!!!! I DON'T THINK SO! I love that Myah has such a strong connection to Sarah. It breaks my heart every time I think of her life before, but I know that without the sadness, there would be no happiness now! And boy, does she make me happy!:D

I am happy for you that you finally got the "Big Sister" you always wanted in Sheri. Let's face it...your little one made you crazy!:)

LOVE YA Big SIS!

Annette said...

What a lovely tea party the princesses are having! So cute! Did you paint the little mural in Myah's room with the big letter "M" on it? It's beautiful!

Nikki said...

Love the sweet (and spicy) princesses together. What a wonderful, lifelong bond you all have!

Leslie said...

What fun times with wonderful friends.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

They look like they are having so much fun. I LOVE the silver tea set!

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

Gives me goosebumps to think of those little girls' lives.

Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy the music on your site...love your playlist! :) I'm doing some things on the computer right now while Olivia is napping and just listening to your music! :)

Hopefully you have some sunshine there!
Love,
Abbie

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I loved seeing these pictures of Sarah and Myah together. I am so happy for the bond they share. I know it will grow more and more meaningful as the years pass.

So happy you have Sheri to share a similar bond.

Glad to hear these beauties fight and are spicy. Sometimes I am mortified when I see Lindy with other kids...

Hugs to you~
Lisa

Football and Fried Rice said...

Isn't it amazing that THEY don't realize how much they have in common? They are just 2 little girls! They are both SO very beautiful :) I love their hair bows (my thing!)

I made my first tutu. I am waiting to get out the sewing machine to finish it off. I will send you a picture. Laughing at this one!!

Dawn said...

What a wonderful friendship you all have...the girls look so cute playing together. LOVE the silver tea set, too!!!

Erin said...

They look remarkably alike! I love it all--- the tea set, the room, the two little "sisters" ... all perfect!

Lori said...

Ooh what a beautiful tea party that was and I wish I could have been invited! Sounds like a wonderful time for both Mommies and girls! :)

Jodee said...

What a fun play date! They are so adorable together!

Heather said...

So, I say the next one is for all of us - what do you think? It is so sweet to see these precious little ones playing together.

So happy you had such a special time with dear friends.

Their relationship is timeless and really very beautiful.

Have a good weekend!

Heather

3 Peanuts said...

Oh they look just like little sisters playing together:) So adorable. I love what you wrote too. Hugs,
Kim

Christy said...

The girls look like twins in the pics-- both with the pink bow in their hair. I just love it!!

I think it is so cool fo rthem to have that close bond. It will be a bond that they share forever!!!

I am so glad you guys had a great visit!

Chrisyt :)