Monday, April 7, 2008

Catchin' Up


No we did not fall off the face of the Earth, we just have been out enjoying this glorious spring weather FINALLY!!! We have been really busy running Dayton to practice EVERY day! Myah has made my new hair color turn back to its original gray color, making for very crazy days! We are finally getting back to our normal schedule, which is still very demanding but hey, I will take it after the past few months! As my luck would have it, I am now dealing with some health issues. I went to the Dr. last week, she determined I have acid reflux, I can deal with that, but my bloodwork came back with a huge red flag and I have had to go have more tests run today. I am not even going to announce what they are looking for, I am afraid to, for fear it will come true. It is a biggie to me. Please just keep me in your prayers if you would. I guess it was bound to happen, as soon as everyone else is taken care of, I get sick! Nothing I can't handle though so don't worry!

I have had a few lucky streaks this week and I want to thank Jennifer at My Adoption Website for the prize that I won in her monthly drawing! I never win anything and I won a full length lady bug bib!

I also won this today in my sweet bloggy friend Barb's giveaway! I am so excited! I never win anything so I was very surprised to see that the computer randomly selected me for this! Thank you Barb!

And in our little family, I am the only one who can win our March Madness basketball tournament! I know this drives the boys in my life crazy that Mom/Wifey can basically guess at every bracket and kick their butts! Too bad I don't have something to win on the line! I picked Kansas, we will know in about an hour if I win or not! OOOOOHHHH I WON!!!!! Yeah Kansas! I know nothing about your team but Woooo Hoooo!!! Way to go!!! I just went with the best record!!!!!!! Wooo Hoooo!! I think I deserve something for this Mark!!!!!!! Sorry boys!

I also had a wonderful visit last week with Sheri and Sarah, I want to thank her for the beautiful tulips that Sarah picked out for me, they brightened my day!

I was so excited to open this from my buddy Kim at 3 Peanuts the other day! I have always wanted to own something with my monogram on it! She is the queen of monograms and sent this adorable photo album to me! Thank you so much Kim, I can't wait to fill it up with sweet memories!

I also received two quilt squares from Stepanie at Ni Hao Ya'll, this meant so much to me because she was a huge inspiration to me while I waited for Myah. She is waiting to adopt her 8th child! Her family is amazing! Thank you so much Stephanie, it means the world to me that your square will be on her quilt!

Our family was so happy to see our neighbor's Ken and Pam return last evening from Florida! They have been gone since November, Myah squealed when she saw their truck pull into their driveway and ran all the way down to their house!! We love them like family! Welcome Home!

I saved the best news for last! My cousin Jed and his wife Annie had their little baby girl on Thursday! Her name is Alaina Marie, I can't wait to meet her! I love little tiny babies!!! I am sure there will be photos to share soon!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Great to see you posting... hope your tests come back O.K.... a bit worried here! Myah looks very prety in green!

Dawn said...

Leslie~

Glad your back posting...I hope your health issue is something you can take care of...I'm a little worried too...praying for you!! Myah is so beautiful...as are your darling nieces! I love Melanie's blog!

Heather said...

Wow! What a post...definitely some catching up to do!

We will be praying for you as far as the health issues.

And always happy to hear what you all are up to - thanks for sharing.

Heather

Lori said...

Congratulations on your cousins baby and yea for all of your fun wins!
Ok, you said not to worry, but I am worried....sorry. :) I will keep those test results and your health in my prayers! (hug)