Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday


I know you all know how thankful I am this week for all of your support and prayers over the past few weeks, I am amazed how a special note or a card can speak volumes to my heart. During all of the major events taking place in our lives, the small stuff still had its own voice. And I need to devote this weeks Thankful Thursday to those "small but mighty" acts.
I am thankful for
-Mark, for using your days off for funeral leave to still hang drywall in the garage, in the 30 degree temps! For bringing home a bag filled with our favorite snacks last night! For being such a loving Grandson to Grandma, she loved you dearly!
-Dayton, for the beautiful report card, we are so proud of you, you have adjusted to Jr. High just fine. For all of the great comments from your teachers at conferences, they really wondered why I even came. For loving to cook and for loving to do laundry! Yeah mom!
-Myah, for loving your big girl room and telling me "wow" when you saw it for the first time. For telling me "Aunt Mel painted mommy" every time you see that wall! For being so good about being shuffled around this past week during the funeral. For bringing laughter and smiles to everyone this week, you are a breath of sunshine!
-For my parents for watching Myah for us, I know you had fun but you have no idea what a treat it was for me to not have to chase her around a funeral home!
-For Aunt Mel and Uncle Chris, for being the shuttle bus to my kiddos, and for the hospitality while we stayed with you. Also for putting on a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner.
-For Mel for making my favorite chocolate cake and punch just the way Grandma used to. It seriously deserved it's own thank you!
-For Annaetta, for watching the girls while we went to the funeral, it was so appreciated!
-For Phyllis, the necklace of Grandma's will be a family treasure forever!
-For everyone waiting on their pictures, thank you for your patience, you will see them very soon I promise!
-For ALL of my in-laws, Mark has THE nicest family, I am so thankful to be a part of such a special family! We miss you all so much!
-For the sweet cards from Sherry, Sheri, Lori and Heather, thank you for thinking of our family!
-For Maureen for compiling the scrapbook again this year to send to Myah's orphanage, this means more to me than you can imagine!
-For Oprah, I love her show, especially favorite things and the Nate home show! She is my favorite!
-For the DVR that Mark had installed on Tues. Now we will no longer miss our favorite shows! Life is good!
-For the call from sweet Kim today, I was on the phone when little Kate said "wuv you" for the first time! I know your mommy was thrilled to hear those sweet little words for the first time!
-For the heat in my house, the down blanket on my bed, and socks on my feet, it is 21 degrees people!
-For Aunt Ginger. She looks beautiful, had her first round of chemo and is tired but feeling pretty good. Her hubby Uncle Billy just had bypass surgery on his leg with a scar from his ankle to his upper leg, he is sore but bless his heart, he and Aunt Ginger made it to the funeral home and the funeral this week. We are praying for you both! Thank you so much for coming!!
-For Denise at Matilda for brightening my day!
-For the Christmas season, I love this time of year, such a time of reflection.
-For photographs. I have looked at so many old photos this week, they capture life as it was, they are like crystal balls into the past, they make us laugh, make us cry, make us lonesome for how things used to be and thankful for how life is today. They are priceless.

6 comments:

Jodee said...

I love your list. You have so much to be thankful for!

Jewels of My Heart said...

So much to be thankful for and I love that you are... we so often take things for granted.
Now.... as to the photographs at Matilda Janes.... might I just say that I just looked at pretty much ALL of her photos and the yours are my favorites along with two others.... you need to give yourself credit. You work is beautiful. You have a heart that sees the shot that captures the moment and their spirit. I am certain your little Myah and your wonderful photos brightened her day as well.

Sheri said...

I am so thankful for you! I'm so glad that God brought us together through adoption and that we will always have a bond because of our precious little girls. Love ya!

Heather said...

What a beautiful list filled with all the good things that make life what it is. Thanks so much for sharing with us. I am thankful for your spirit and energy. It is obvious you bring joy to so many.

Heather

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for sharing such a poignant list of your blessings. I love how you've been able to see beauty in the your life in the midst of mourning and pain.

You are a gifted and talented lady and a blessing to many.

Fondly,
Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

You have so much to be thankful for even in a time of loss.

Hugs,
Kim