Friday, November 16, 2007

Adoption Open House

Myah couldn't get enough of Karen and Lisa, our wonderful case workers who are now our friends
Myah standing by the table representing China
This little beauty Zoe from Ethiopia just turned 1!
Dayton reading to Myah and Ryan

We had a GREAT time on Tuesday night. It was so nice to visit the wonderful ladies who brought us together with our little girl. We truly love our caseworkers Karen and Lisa. So does Myah apparently! It was a nice turnout and we were able to talk to quite a few families. It was so fun to talk about our trip, the connection we have with all of the families in our group, and our life with Myah. There were a few people that I had recognized from other times that we had spoken, they seemed very ready to sign up for the China program despite the long wait. They enjoyed looking through our pictures but mostly I think they loved our living doll. She was in rare form. Two words, cookies and brownies. She found her way to the refreshments right away. I put her in a little silk dress that we bought in China. There was also a family from China who had a little boy Ryan, lets just say they got along so well that they kissed at the end of the night. It was so sweet. I can't tell you how much I love interacting with other adoptive families in any capacity whether they are potential parents, waiting for their child or seasoned veterans. It really is a group of very special people brought together for one reason, to give a child a loving home. I also ask you to say a special prayer for a local family who while in China adopting their little girl suffered an awful tragedy when the father died of a diabetic condition. Our congressman is trying to bring the mother and baby home however the Chinese government is making them stay another 2 weeks. Such a sad story. I had heard it on Rumor Queen and was surprised to find out it was a family who lives nearby. I just can't imagine.

5 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sure it was an impacting night, Myah looks sweet in her outfit from China, and Dayton is sweet reading to the children. :)
I was so sorry to hear about the tragedy of that family, I will keep Mom and daughter and their family in my thoughts and prayers.

Danielle Moss said...

I am so glad it went so well. Myah looks beautiful as always. She really is stunning.

I love the photo of Dayton reading to his little sister :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Danielle

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I've been wondering about your talk all week. I knew it would go well and am happy to hear it did.

I hope you planted MANY seeds or convicted someone on the fence!

I've been wondering if you know Sandi. I am sure you'll be a comfort to her if you ever connect. You have a gift.

Hugs,
Lisa

Sheri said...

Now I can put faces with Karen and Lisa -- thanks for that picture. I'm so glad that people are still showing interest in China. Can't imagine our lives without our little sweeties! Have a great weekend.

Jodee said...

It sounds like you had a great night! Myah is just adorable.