Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Chloe!






Today is my niece Chloe's 2nd birthday! Chloe is Annabelle's little sister. If you recall our story of how little Annabelle came into our lives (August), you will remember that she was adopted. Well, this is the story of how Chloe came into our lives. One day in September 05 I was shopping in Target (aka my second home), and my cell phone rang with a number I didn't recognize but figured I had better answer it. It was my sister's adoption agency calling me, they needed to get ahold of Mel and Chris but they were nowhere to be found. I was their emergency contact. Now you know if you are someone's emergency contact, it must be an emergency right? So I started to get worried, little Annabelle had just had her first birthday, I had hoped it had nothing to do with her! I tried frantically to get ahold of Mel, finally I did, she called her agency and then called me back . Her words were "well, Annabelle is going to have a little sister!" The birthparents were expecting again and not able to care for this child either. So on December 1st 2005 little Chole Elizabeth entered the world, a full blooded sibling of Annabelle. She was such a blessing! She was soooo tiny! This time I was not able to go to Florida with them so I ran out the door when I saw them pull into my driveway! She has been a little spitfire ever since! She is very spirited! Whenever I think of her I start to laugh. She has a spring in her step, a little bit of clumsiness, and the biggest smile! Mel and I are always laughing at her. She is the little sister, trying to follow in her big sisters footsteps, she does a pretty good job of it! She reminds me so much of Melanie when she was little! Right down to the curly hair! She loves to talk to me on the phone, she actually speaks very well, she always asks to talk to Myah too! We are going up north today due to a bad snowstorm, tomorrow is her party and also her baptism. Mark and I are her Godparents, such an honor. So happy birthday little Chloe and God Bless You!

We also want to wish a special guy in our lives Sean a Happy 13th Birthday!!!!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday to Chloe! It's just awesome the way God blessed Chris and Mel with these two precious little girls after all they'd been through. Safe travels to you this weekend on the snowy roads.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a special story!!! Chloe (and Annabelle) are blessed to have a wonderful Aunt Leslie!

Thanks for sharing how she came into her forever family.

Enjoy the snow. Be careful...

Lisa

Jodee said...

Adorable pictures! Happy Birthday, Chloe!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Happy Birthday Chloe. What a little beauty and the photos are breathtaking.
The Lord is so awesome how He answers prayers and brings children home to their Real families.
Thank you for sharing her special story.

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday Miss Chloe! You have some awesome Godparents. May God bless you thins day and always sweet angel:)

Kim

Danielle Moss said...

I love this story. I remember our talk that one day when I was stuck in a good 30 minutes of traffic - when you first shared it with me. I thought it was an incredible story, and I loved hearing it again.

Chloe has such an incredible godmother. She is so very blessed. I know you are going to provide a great deal of support, faith, and wisdom for Chloe throughout her life.

Thank you so much for the sweet comments.

I have been thinking a lot about you and your family. Hopefully we can chat again soon.

Love,

Danielle

jennifer said...

WHat a sweet story. Happy Birthday Chloe!!

Snowflowers Mum said...

what a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!

Hayley