Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Big Girl Room





After many months of searching, I have finally found the right bedding for Myah's room. I knew what I wanted but I just couldn't find it. I had a horrible time with the little bed I had bought her and ended up just using the headboard ( I still need to attach it). I also am still on the lookout for a dresser/mirror but can't find anything, I am sure in my travels that something will eventually be found. But for now, I think she can move back in. She has been sleeping in her pack and play until we made her bed "Myah friendly". She already told me she loves it! My most favorite part of the whole room ( I talk like it is a huge place) is the painting that my sister did over her bed. She came to visit yesterday and I told her to bring her paints, I have waited so long to have a little girls room for her to work her magic in. She did. She amazes me! I always knew I wanted her initial over her bed somehow. I knew I had to have something that Myah couldn't remove or reach so this was my only solution. When I walk up our stairs it is the first thing that I see, I just love it! So here is Myah's little dreamland...... shhhhh, I think I hear her sleeping. PS the pictures are a little dark because, well it is Michigan in November, need I say more?

14 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Leslie, it's BEAUTIFUL!!
Wasn't I just telling you this morning that it's gonna look like something I would do?!!
Seriously, I was planning on painting my daughter's initial with a laurel wreath around it on her wall too!
I got the idea from the rug I have in the boys bathroom with an "E" on it.
The one your sister did is just GORGEOUS!! She did a fantastic job~
and it looks so beautiful with the bedding.
I would put your name as a backup on that dresser you liked (if you hadn't already), that happened to me when I found a quilt I just LOVED, but didn't get and then I went back to get it and it was gone! As I was walking out of the store, I saw it behind the counter on hold and asked about it and they said to check back at closing. I went back and it was still there, so I purchased it at 8:59pm, and ran out of the store hoping the first person wasn't running late and saw me with it! LOL You never know?!
I'm so glad that Myah likes her room and has her special place. :)

Lori said...

Oh, and I had to laugh when I opened your box and saw the stationary you wrote on....I have the exact same one!
Did you get it at Anthropologie by any chance?

Danielle Moss said...

So sweet and girly! I love it!

Your sister did such an amazing job on the "M" above Myah's bed.

Myah is going to have so much fun in there :) What a perfect room for a princess.

Hugs,

Danielle

Lisa said...

The room is beautiful! I love it! What a lucky little girl!

Heather said...

Ohhhhh, so pretty! Thanks so very much for sharing - just love the bedding and all the beautiful touches. Myah has a tranquil place to rest her pretty little head. Just beautiful!

Heather

Dawn said...

Oh, her room looks just beautiful. Definitely fit for a little princess!! Your sister is very talented!

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

The room looks beautiful! I LOVE the M above her bed. I had something just like that (and what Lori is describing) in mind when we do Kate E's big girl room too. That sis so funny. We all have such similar tastes. YOur sister did a fantastic job!!! I love the fabric you chose for the bedding too. BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you so much for the CD's. I do not have any of my addresses or e-mail addresses since my computer is gone or else I would have e-mailed or called right away. ALL of that info is in my computer:(

Hugs,
Kim

Snowflowers Mum said...

Love Love Love it!

We are clearing out our office to make it into Pipers big girl room...yes..I'm bad, she will be three in Jan and is still in her crib! I love your shade of pink, we are doing a shabby chic room and just can't figure out what pink to use.

Send your sister my way, we need two P's painted! One for Piper and one for Paisley!

Hayley
mum to Piper
hoping to see Paisley's face any day!

Jewels of My Heart said...

It's so beautiful! I want a room like that too. lol What a perfect room for your beautiful princess.

Jodee said...

Myah's room is adorable! I especially love "The Princess Sleeps Here" sign. The bedding is very pretty too. I am glad she likes it.

Sheri said...

The room turned out great! Love the bedding you finally (haha) picked out. That Mel is just soooo talented! The painting is absolutely adorable (and Myah proof). ;)

jennifer said...

Everything looks great! I love the bedding and the initial. No wonder she loves it!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Leslie,

So gorgeous! If I were Myah, I'd never leave. Everything turned out beautifully. Thank you for sharing.

Have a lovely day and STAY warm.

Lisa

Unknown said...

I just found your blog through Matilda Jane (also a big fan). I love the room perfectly fitting for a princess.