Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I am not worthy!

This little picture is what I gave Denise, it was Myah's adoption announcement. I know some of you still have yours on your refrigerator right? ha ha It was my first attempt at making something like this!

Ok, you ALL know how much I LOVE Matilda Jane Clothing, her hats alone make me drool, I think every little girl I take pictures of usually ends up wearing one of Myah's for at least one picture, (or at least the mom's try really reallly hard to). On Monday night after our long weekend/day at the funeral home and funeral I logged on to check my email. I was floored when I received an email with the subject that read: OMG I love Myah! From, you guessed it, Denise, the awsome creator of Matilda Jane! She seriously made my day! I have had the pleasure of meeting Denise at art fairs, she is so down to earth, I really can't be happier for her that she is becoming so successful. I had given her a picture of Myah's adoption announcement just a month after we had brought Myah home. She told me she has kept it in her cash drawer and shows it to everyone! I was floored! She asked if she could put a few of my pictures on her blog! Yikes, she has featured some photographers that are my idols, seriously people, I mean I don't even know how to begin taking pictures like they do. So I have to say when I received a comment today about Myah's bedroom from a sweet lady who said she found me on Matilda Jane's site, I just had to go look for myself, and yep, you guessed it, I squealed when I saw my pictures on there! I guess we all have our 5 seconds of fame and this was it for me. Thank you so much Denise, I will continue to sing your praises to everyone, you have more creativity in your pinky than I do in my whole body! Not only that but you are so passionate about what you do, you are very inspiring to me! Ok, you may all go now, hurry, to www.matildajaneclothing.com and check out her blog, I think you will recognize a few little girls!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is tooooo cool! Yeah for you and sweet Myah - - you deserve it!! Love the announcement, by the way!

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of a pair of MJ pants!

Jennifer, mommy to Adrienne

3 Peanuts said...

I am SO PROUD OF YOU! I know the photographers she posts (from their sites) and they are GREAT--but guess what---SO ARE YOU!

We got our holiday MJ order and KAte has the peasant top on today! So cute!!!! I love those clothes:)

Kim

Somewhere In The Sun said...

How exciting! Myah's pictures are always fantastic! Your photos are as good as any other ones on the site!!
Myah's hat was what drew me to your blog the first time! I'm so going to get Olivia one when she comes home!

~Lynn

Sheri said...

Leslie ~ you are worthy! You truly have a gift for photography. You are just as good, if not better, than some of the "well-known" photographers out there. How great that Denise posted a few of your pictures. I was so excited to see Sarah in one of them! I feel like you and the girls are a little bit famous today! ;)

DiJo said...

I am not one bit surprised. You are a gifted photographer! Like I have said before, I wish I could have you photograph Ainsley and Ruby! Anyway, congrats. I think I am the only one here who does not have any of those clothes yet. I am definitely in for Spring!!! By the way, that is by far the most precious birth announcement I have ever seen. I think there is some talent other places besides your pinky!!! Enjoy! -Diana

Stefanie said...

How great! The announcement IS awesome, and as usual, Myah is gorgeous :) I am so excited for you and your time in the spotlight! You DESERVE it!!!
Off to go check out her site...

Jewels of My Heart said...

HOw fun! HOw could she not love Myah???!!! You don't give yourself enough credit though. I love your photographs... they capture her spirit! I think it is great!!! You are worthy!
I am off to see your sweet baby girl's pics on her site.

Snowflowers Mum said...

I contacted Matilda Jane about having a trunk show...I love their clothes and found out about them from YOU! I told her that when I emailed her!

Myah is stunning! Her hats are to DIE FOR!

I must have one for Piper & Paisley

Hayley

Heather said...

Ohhh, I beg to differ - you are so worthy and what a wonderful feeling - good for you!! Loved this post, after the sadness along comes some rays of sunshine, so very happy for you:)

Heather

Lori said...

Leslie, how wonderful! Of course she wants sweet Myah on her site...and I'm guessing that won't be the last of her modeling days!! :)
Maybe this will open new doors for you, how wonderful that would be, and you ARE so deserving!!
I couldn't find any of her pictures...I'll have to keep looking through all those gorgeous photos with the gorgeous clothes!

Anonymous said...

Leslie - Denise always appreciates everyone who appreciates her. Talent is cyclical at times. And it does not matter what kind of talent it is. We all inspire someone at some point in our lives, right? I love seeing Myah enjoying not only her MJC hats, but life in general. Your blog is very engaging - thank you for sharing!
Your MJC Sales Rep,
Stacey

Jodee said...

I love your announcement! Myah is just adorable!

Dawn said...

That is so wonderful. You are so humble, but you are a fabulous photographer!!

Deb said...

How cool! The MJ clothes are just adorable and they are always look adorable on sweet Myah. We all know why MJ has carried that adoption announcement with her so long!!! Very creative Leslie!

AmyO said...

Your announcements are beautiful!