Friday, August 24, 2007

Please say a prayer....

My heart is heavy tonight and I feel the need to ask for your prayers for a few situations that have taken place this evening. First and foremost, please pray for little Jude's family. One of my blogger friends is a friend of a friend to his family. I have followed their journal all week long as they clung to hope that little Jude would receive a miracle after his drowning last week in a pool. He was revived and his family held the vigil all week praying for his recovery. Tonight he is in the arms of his Heavenly Father. The family has 3 other small children, the youngest just 2 months old. I can't imagine their pain, if you would like to visit their journal please email me and I will get you the information. Please keep this family in your prayers as they deal with this tragedy.
Secondly, tonight as I was driving home with Myah (Mark and Dayton are at Taylor's game), I once again had to drive through a terrible storm. As I sat down tonight to enjoy my peace and quiet, all of my news channels were talking about the devastating storms in our area. A little town just north of here called Fenton was hit very hard. This is where my sister and I love to go when we have a day to ourselves, there are a few shops in the quaint little downtown that we visit where we have got to know the owners personally. Tonight, all reports are that the downtown area is destroyed by a tornado. My heart is breaking for those little shop owners, the economy here has been so bad lately and the little stores are struggling to survive and now to deal with something like this, I pray that they can stay afloat. My brother in law works for security at Target and he was called to the new Fenton store tonight because the roof has been blown off. This gave me shivers because just Saturday I met my sister in Fenton to pick Dayton up, in that Target parking lot, we shopped in that very Target not even a week ago. We are being told that we have not had storms like this in several years. Just last month when the storms ripped through our area, I was in Target during the storm with the kids. I think I need to quit shopping at Target, what do you think?One of my adoption buddies lives out in that area and I am anxious to make sure that they are alright. I have to drive through that area tomorrow as we head up north for Annabelle's party, the Target is right off of the expressway so I am sure that we will see the damage. Many homes are destroyed, severe damage is done to businesses, please keep all of these people in your prayers.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, how heavy my heart, I have been praying for Jude and how sad I am for his family - I will certainly add to my prayer list the litttle town which you speak of and how thankful I am that you were there days ago and not when these storms were ravaging.

We are self employed and I know the devastation that can be caused to small business owners - always a worry. Thank goodness for people like you who recognize the needs of all who make their living this way.

Heather

Danielle Moss said...

Praying for Jude's family and will pray for all those people whose homes and businesses have been damaged or destroyed. How awful. Drive safely tomorrow.

3 Peanuts said...

I am praying for Jude's family. The visitation is tonight and memoriol mass tomorrow. Thanks for keeping them in your prayers. I will also pray for the small business owners. You are a kind person Leslie:)

Kim

Lori said...

I'm sorry to hear about this devastation, how frightening for them. I will keep these business owners in my prayers in the days ahead, and of course Jude's family.
Are you feeling better?