Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for....
-Mark for being such a big help around the house, for taking Dayton to the ballfields and practicing for baseball tryouts, for diving in after Myah before I even knew what was happening.
-Dayton for being so excited about starting school next week, for sitting by me in your orientation at the middle school when you could have ditched me for your friends.
-Myah for never fussing when you wear your life jacket, it saved your life this week when you decided to jump overboard while we were fishing. Please make your kids wear life jackets when they are near the water, no exceptions! I can't even let my mind think about what could have happened.
-For the great time had at Annabelle's party, it was a wonderful day, it was great seeing my family.
-For my nephew Taylor's awesome debut as the quarterback last week, at 15 years old, he is one to watch. I cried when I saw him on the news and they said his name!!
-For all of the people in the south who are still trying to survive after Hurricane Katrina, after 2 years I can't believe that they still have to live like that.
-For my niece Rachel who went to Louisiana over the summer to volunteer for the Hurricane relief, at 13 she is very compassionate and sensitive to people's needs. We are very proud of her.
-For my mom for donating blood for so many years, supplies are dangerously low right now.
-For our high school cross country team, who is ranked #1 in the Midwest, good luck this season!
-For Mark and Dayton's fantasy football team, you would think they are actually the coaches!
-For our great trip to the zoo with my sister and the girls.
-For Myah's attempts at potty training and sleeping in her big girl bed, no success with either but she sure is trying and has interest in both.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hey Soul sister (you're so sweet)!
Beautiful list, thanks for helping me to remember what to be thankful for!
I can't go there with the whole falling off the boat thing.....I'm glad she was wearing her vest.
Thanks for sharing your list!

Unknown said...

I really like that your baby sat by you, it says volumes about that he has for you.

3 Peanuts said...

Great list. i forgot it was Thursday. I niminated you for the nice award. Go see my blog.

KIm

Heather said...

Hey - great list! Oh Myah - so happy you had your life vest on!

Best wishes to Dayton as he goes back to school:-)

I love when you post about nieces and nephews - I am crazy about mine and love to hear others gush about theirs!

Have a happy weekend!
Heather