Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Special Girl

Morgan and ChristinaHer dream come true
In her hospital room
Morgan and her mother Dawn

Well, I have been thinking about posting this for a while but I wasn't sure if this was the right place to or not. However, I feel an urgency in my heart now and I figured I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. My good friend Val brought to all of our attention a young lady in our community who has a rare and very aggressive brain tumor. Her name is Morgan and she is a best friend to Val's oldest daughter Christina. I believe that Morgan is 15 years old and was diagnosed in April. Val keeps us all updated through emails and today she shared the caring page/blog from the hospital with me. I am moved beyond words. Lately Val and others have organized a few events to help with their financial situation. The father is in need of surgery on his back and is unable to work, he just went back to work in order to have insurance for his family despite the pain that he is in. They are in a serious financial situation. Val has set up a bank account at a local bank for donations. They are also doing gift wrapping at a local mall to raise money for the family. They are in a gazebo in the freezing cold, but have warm hearts that is for sure. A few weeks ago they were featured in the newspaper because Val organized an outdoor Christmas decorating party at Morgan's house. That was something that Morgan was hoping for, her house to be decorated for Christmas. Morgan was rushed to the hospital yesterday with fevers and seizures, and trouble seeing. Please pray that the tumor is not growing. She is going through chemo and radiation. Six months ago she was just a normal teenage girl, now she is facing so much uncertainy. I am asking you to please pray for Morgan and her family right now, they are dealing with so much. If you would like to donate to the family please email me privately and I can get the information to you. Lets rally around this precious girl! Here are a few words that Morgan had posted herself after 30 people were at her house decorating. "There weren't just people there in the present. God was there, and he was there with me giving me the gift that i always wanted a house that is full with lights and joy and the Lord gave me a yard of warm hearted Angles last night and i really want to Thank all that have worked SO hard just to make my house look gorgegous. & I Thank My God also..... I'm so blessed.. and i don't know if i ever take it for granted but if i ever did God please forgive me. i've become another person learning from all these great Angels that surround me. Thank you everyone. You make my days get filled with joy and shine with light. " Wow at 15 years old, we could all learn so much from her.

9 comments:

Jewels of My Heart said...

So very special indeed! I will be praying for her and her family. I just can't imagine how difficult this journey must be.

Christy said...

I will pray for Morgan. That is just such a hard thing for a teen to face and it looks like she is so strong. WOW!!!

Christy :)

Dawn said...

Many Many prayers going up for Morgan! What a precious girl.

Football and Fried Rice said...

I think Morgan may just be the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I have written her down in my prayer journal; please keep us updated on this precious young lady....

Jodee said...

I will keep Morgan in my thoughts and prayers.

Danielle Moss said...

I will pray for Morgan right now

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a special young lady. Thank you for sharing her story. Praying that God will be heal her and carry this family during these difficult days.

Thank you for your tender heart, Leslie.

Blessings,
Lisa

Michelle said...

I am in tears. My best friend's brother just died Aug 30 from Brain Cancer. He was 32. He was diagnosed when he was 6. He lived so many years always being positive. Tommy is such a hero. Brain Cancer is just not fair. Actually no cancer is fair. Prayers for this sweet little girl.

Jake and Taryn said...

WOW! What a special girl! God Bless her! I will certainly be praying for her! My sister-in-law has a 20month old cousin that also has a very aggressive brain tumor. I truly can not imagine. I only know that faith is the answer. I admire her so much!!

I also think it is great that you decided to post this. What an inspiration she is and as you mentioned she teaches us so much! I think it is great that you decided to share such a special person! Thank you!