Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas 2007



We had a very nice Christmas with our families. We always have to celebrate our own special Christmas the day before Christmas Eve because we go up north to our parents houses for a few days. Myah was so cute this year, very interested in opening her gifts and everyone elses for that matter. She has been with me when I purchased many of her gifts and I had told her that they were for Annabelle, so when she opened them she said "for Annabelle" each time, I had to reassure her that they were hers to keep. Dayton loved his Ipod Nano, he was thrilled to get it to say the least. I loved my gifts from Mark, we had told each other not to do much because we purchased an antique dining set and buffet in November as our gift to each other. However I loved my new little camera, I can just throw it in my purse and go! I was afraid to carry my pro camera around with me everywhere and my other little camera had broke. He also ordered me an awesome camera bag for my good camera online, I was shocked with that gift! I bought him a new drill set and had some special pictures of the kids framed that I had taken. We had a nice relaxing day at home together, we watched the Planet Earth dvd that we got for Dayton, it is very good, I would recommend it highly! We ordered out dinner that night, I was going to cook but was just too exhausted so I was relieved to not have to. We went up north the next morning to celebrate with my family. We stopped by to see my Grandma and my Uncle Mike on the way, it was a quick unexpected visit from us but it was fun! We had a fun time at my parents house with a great dinner, great gifts and lots of laughs. My parents bought all of the grand daughters real violins in hopes that they will take lessons, they were just precious! We ended the night with our traditional karoke singing on the big screen tv, it is always one of my favorite highlights during the holidays! The next day we celebrated with Mark's family, we were thrilled to have a Chinese student Ru Qing visit with. She loved Myah and was very interested in hearing about our adoption process. We have been busy putting the Christmas decorations down, playing with our new toys and enjoying being together. There is nothing I love more than having all of my little birdies home in our nest. Hoping you all had a very magical holiday with your families as well!

6 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Leslie,

It looks a like a perfect Christmas full of family and love! I love the violin idea! Your photos are GREAT!

Happy New Year!

Love, Kim

Sheri said...

What a fun and wonderful Christmas! The kiddos look so excited about their presents. I got a little camera for my purse, too. I wonder if they are the same one? Knowing us, probably!! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures. Happy New Year to your family!

Heather said...

So happy you had such a wonderful Christmas!!

Blessings for a beautiful New Year.
Love,
Heather

Jodee said...

Adorable pictures. It looks like you had a great Christmas! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Danielle Moss said...

Glad you had such a Merry Christmas.

I love your photos as always.

Wishing you a very happy new year!

Danielle

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ru Qing is a beautiful young girl! How fun to have her visit. Love the family pics!