Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Special Outfit




A few months ago a girl named Rose and her mother went to China to re-visit the orpahanage that she and Myah are from in Tuanfeng, Hubei. I had sent my video camera over with them you may recall as a gift to the orphanage. I also sent some money along so that Susan and Rose could purchase a special gift for Myah. This gorgeous silk winter outfit was their gift of choice. I love it and will treasure it forever. Not just because it is beautiful but because it actually came from a little grocery store in Tuanfeng. She said that there was not much to choose from but she knew how badly I wanted something from her actual city/village and she spotted this one little outfit and it happened to be just Myah's size. It is very special to me also because I never got to go back and tour the orphange or visit her city, the daddy's in our group went while the mommies stayed back with the girls. So knowing that this came from there means so much. Susan and Rose also so graciously brought me back a small baggie of soil taken from the banks of the Yantze River that flows through Tuanfeng, another something that I was not able to get while I was there. I cannot thank them enough for taking time out of their special visit to honor my wishes.

2 comments:

snekcip said...

The outfit is just gorgeous! I know how important it is for you to have a little something from Myah's homeland. I know these things will be cherished and appreciated by Myahs many years from now! Thank you for sharing!

fleur de lis cottage said...

That is so special and beautiful. Love the idea of the little bag of soil.