Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Weekend Re-Cap

*** I no sooner posted this today and my brother in law Chris called and said that my sister Melanie is in the hospital and will probably have her appendix out today, please pray for her and our family, she lives near my parents and is the "helper", so we are faced with a few challenges today****On Friday we took the kids to the Henry Ford Museum, it is so nice there, many rare pieces, Dayton was really into it and there were plenty of things to keep Myah interested as well. Afterwards we drove past the Dearborn Inn, gorgeous place across the street and I told Mark I would love it if he would take me there someday. We went up north on Saturday to spend the day with my parents, we were all there so it was nice to help out. They have been getting many visitors. They started Dad on morphine that day, we were hopeful that he and mom could finally get some rest, unfortuantely, he has been very ill the past few days with vomiting, the nurses seem to think he caught a virus, he is so sick. Can't take any of his meds, so the high blood pressure and high sugars are a source of concern again. Poor guy, he just can't get any relief. So he is off of the morphine for now. Please keep him in your prayers. We went to church on Sunday to learn that our Pastor's (and good friend) father passed away from kidney disease and diabetes. We attended the funeral that afternoon, Myah had to come along with us and was an angel, Dayton had homework to finish before school started. It was a beautiful ceremony and afterwards we were invited to the Dearborn Inn for a beautiful reception in honor of his father. I told Mark that when I asked him to bring me there I didn't mean for it to be so soon!


Myah loves to sit on his lap and feed him and also help give him his medications.

The Beautiful Henry Ford Museum
They had a traveling exhibit there and this was the hat worn by the wicked witch of the west in the Wizard o*f Oz

The Wright Brothers first plane.

The limo that President Kenne*dy was shot in. I will never forget those images of Jackie climbing on the back of this car.

The first ever Mustang, serial number #1

Myah and Dayton in front of the Weiner mobile! Myah got her mask from the Batman exhibit (see below)

Dayton posing by the Batmobile
Myah testing out her paper airplane (that I made)
Afterwards we went to dinner at Rainforest Cafe, they sat us near the naked guy again!

This was inside the Dearborn Inn, it was just beautiful.


6 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I'm so sad that your dad is so sick. It is wonderful that he has Myah....the little ones bring such joy. Please know that though I don't know you, I am praying for comfort and peace today for your dad. We are all part of God's family...and for this, I am thankful.

Angela

Matt said...

Glad to see your back, and it was good to see you in Frankenmuth. For some reason the "again" in the "seated by the naked guy again" picture cracked me up! We'll keep praying for your dad and for Melanie.

fleur de lis cottage said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for your dad and sister.

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

I am so sorry about Melanie and your Dad. I am praying. PLEASE call if you need a shoulder. I don't want to bother you or intrude but I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Kim

Abbie Bast said...

Les,

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I know you and Mel both have lots of friends, but please let me know if there is anything I can do to help...especially as Melanie gets better. Olivia would love to have any of the girls over to play anytime that you need! Sending lots of hugs your way!!

Love,
Abbie

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and Mel and your dad and family. God watches over us. He gives us strength in our times of need. Just lean on him and rest in his arms. Praying and praying for your father to find rest...Lori - Mel's friend from Midland