Monday, January 12, 2009

Urgent Prayers for Dad** Updated

**Update** First of all thank you so much for your messages, I am clinging to them right now. Dad is physically still here, I am praying that spiritually he is gone ahead already. This is just awful, no other way to describe it. Due to the fact that he is in complete renal (kidney) failure his body is twitching violently, very very hard to watch. When I arrived here on Monday he was still alert, looked very different though, like he had a stroke or something is the only way to describe it, very sad. His eyes will not close nor will his mouth. He has a strong heart and I really believe that is what is keeping him alive. He is now in a coma state. This is not how I picture a coma. We have been here around the clock, mom is not leaving his side, yesterday he seemed to get very agitated when she left the room. I cannot count the amount of prayers that we have said, begging Jesus to please take him home. He has not been expected to live through the past two nights but he has. Only the Lord knows when his last breath will be taken. My body hurts from worry, my dad would not want me to worry, he did not like that word, but my nerves are just wound so tight right now. I pray that no one I know and love ever has to watch a loved one die this way. Please keep us covered in your prayers, many of dad's friends have called and stopped but we are keeping it very quiet for him now so as to not cause a seizure, it is hard to tell if he is having one or not. We sure appreciate all the love that we are feeling. Bless you all for being such faithful friends.

Just got a call that Dad's time is near, probably today or tomorrow, we are headed up north to be with my family and Dad. Please pray for his peace, he is having seizures and has been very ill for the past week. Thanks for your love. Leslie (I took this picture of him this past September at his request.)

16 comments:

ww said...

Leslie, what a wonderful photo of your dad. So sorry to hear about what is going on. Continuing to pray for your dad and your family, Wendy

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am so sorry. I will be praying for your Dad and your family...
God's Peace...
Daleea

Sheri said...

Praying for comfort for your dad right now during this difficult time, and for all of your family. This is an awesome photo of your dad.

Jodee said...

I love this picture of your Dad. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim said...

Leslie, I'm so sorry for all that has been going on. You all remain in my prayers. What a awesome photo of your dad.
My love & His peace
Kim

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

You know I am praying of you and holding your whole family dearly in my heart right now. I know what you are gong through and it is so difficult.

The photo you took of your Dad is fabulous and I am sure it is one that will bring a smile to your face for many many years to come:)

Love,
Kim

Dawn said...

Leslie,

I have been checking in since you came back, have not commented, but am praying for your family.

I am so sorry for what your family is enduring, and I will pray for peace for your Dad and the rest of your family.

This photo is just amazing of your Dad...what a precious memoory

Love,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
My thoughts are with you and your family right now. The picture you took of your dad just brought tears to my eyes! What an awesome picture.
Melanie

Virginia said...

I'm so sorry Leslie. I'll be praying for all of you. That's a wonderful picture of your Dad.

Gin =)

Lori said...

Leslie, you know I am praying for all of you during this difficult time and sending warm hugs across the miles.
This is a terrific photo of one terrific man, love it!!

Erin said...

This is heart wrenching to hear, Leslie. I hope that very soon, you will all have the peace of knowing that he is safe, happy, and free of all pain. Your love will be with him as he leaves this life, and I am sure that his love will stay with you for the rest of yours. I am praying for you Leslie. Your family, as I have said before--- is very special and unique is this world. You inspire me when I see how much you have all gone through together, and how much joy and love you still share. The picture is beautiful!

Kristi said...

I am so sorry you're having to sit by helplessly watching your father. I can only imagine how frustrating, maddening, sad and painful it must be.

I hope your dad's suffering ends peacefully.

And what an amazing photo!

Heather said...

I didn't say in the email how this picture truly touched my very spirit. What an amazing man...he is heading home to sit at the right hand of the Father he knows and loves.

Lifting all of you, friend.

Love,
Heather

Edie said...

My prayers are with your family during this time. Gods Peace.
Edie

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Leslie, My heart is breaking for what you are going through. I hope God calls him home soon. Thank you for updating those of us praying for you. it means a lot to us. Love,
Kim

Colleen said...

Leslie,
Praying for you and your family and may your Dad rest peacefully. I know he will find peace with all the wonderful blessings surrounding him. I remember you posting a photo of your Dad awhile back and thinking what a wonderful Dad you have. You are so blessed to have such wonderful memories. I pray you all can find peace in this difficult time,
Colleen