Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July


We love parades! The kids were ready to catch that candy!

Our own little Lady Liberty, actually there was a plumber handing these out during the parade, toilet paper and a plunger! So funny!
She had to bring her purse to put the candy in!
They were handing out copies of the Declaration of Independence to families.
Don carrying the flag high and proud, what an answer to many prayers!

You know it is a good day on the boat tubing when someone loses their swimming trunks!

We spent the 4th of July at home, Mark had to work all weekend. We went to the local parade on Friday morning. It was the best parade that I have been to in a long time. A very touching moment for me was when the local sherrif department honor guard carried the American flag at the beginning of the parade. I always get choked up when I see our flag flying and our Veterans marching. This moment was very special to me this year because when I looked at who was proudly carrying the American flag it was my friend's husband who has just recently overcome lung cancer. I was amazed to see him marching and to see him carrying the flag, it was so touching.


We also went out on the boat for a few hours. I can't wait for the day where we can spend more than just a few hours on the water. Although I won't complain, a few is better than none! I hope you all had a great 4th!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Love the photos especially of Myah and her little plunger LOL. Three cheers for Dayton coming to the rescue of the swimming trunks (to funny).

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a gorgeous parade!! I love the losing the trunks picture!!!

Colleen said...

That looks like the perfect 4th of July parade! Glad you enjoyed your week-end!:)

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh that plunger! Too funny! Glad you had a great holiday. The swim trunks picture is a hoot! :)

~Lynn

Sheri said...

I'm laughing at the plunger and TP picture of Myah, and I'm totally cracking up at the picture of Dayton holding up his lost trunks!! Hopefully there were some boxers under those trunks. :)

Melanie said...

We had so much fun with you this weekend!!! So glad that we were able to squeak in a little R&R...if you can call it that! :)

Dawn said...

What great pictures...of course the plunger is my fav!!

Heather said...

The pitcure of Myah with the little plunger is too cute! Good marketing strategy for the plumber too:)

Looks like a great fourth - what a sweet moment to see your friend's husband healthy and marching, woohoo!

The picture of Dayton witht he trunks made me laugh out loud, incredibly cute.

Heather