Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun Night!

Grandma and Lon with the kiddos and the game ball (look who claimed it for her own)We just love Grandma Lucy, she is a to Maw Maw of one of the players on Dayton's team but she just loves our little girl. She is from Alabama and I love her southern drawl, she is 80 something but is in great shape, her and Myah have really bonded this summer and it is just the sweetest little friendship. Raquel and Myah are the only little sisters on the team, but they find more dirt than all the little brothers put together!
Our little model, I took this before we left the house in one of Jenny's creations.
Myah and Aubrey posing together. So sweet!
Jean was so good with all of the girls! It was just like on Project Runway! We were dressing in the street!

Yesterday Dayton played his final home baseball game (whew)! We still have a tournament this weekend, an away game and Cooperstown for a week but to see the end in sight is kind of a relief! He had an awesome night, he played really well and was awarded the game ball after the game. His teammates were chanting MVP, MVP, it was cute. Dayton doesn NOT like to be the center of attention nor does he handle it very graciously (we are working on that). So it was cute to see him proud but a bit embarrassed at the same time. We were down by 1 and he hit 2 runs in plus he ended up scoring as well. He is getting the reputation for getting us out of a pinch. We were excited that Grandma and Lon were there to cheer him on as well. Myah and I were a bit late because we had to do a little "modeling session". My friend Jenny is starting her own clothing line and asked if Myah could model a few outfits for her website. She had a really cool photographer there and we went to a really cool location, I was eating it right up you can bet! I did take a few snapshots with the whimpy camera for Myah's scrapbook. I can't wait for you to see Jenny's items and will be sure to let you know when and where you can get the goods ( I think it will be up in a few weeks). I can't wait for tomorrow, when I take a few good buddies to meet the one and only Matilda Jane up close and personal. She sure has done well for herself. I remember her selling the cutest painted furniture and always dreaming of a little girl to buy them for. Now her clothing is extremely big and she has won awards for it! Hopefully our Jenny will be there someday as well!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy early b-day to you!! Yes, I buy all my pillows at TJMaxx so I don't feel too bad when I change them all the time! :)

Melanie said...

YIPPEE!!!!! Like I need anymore of her stuff, but I cannot wait to go tomorrow! I just posted about it too. I am so excited!!!

Also , YIPPEE to Dayton for getting the game ball and for Myah's modeling debut....the first of many for both of them, I am sure!!!
Love you and see you tomorrow!!!!

Dawn said...

Oh I wish I lived close to go to MJ with you. I just emailed them and asked if they had a trunk keeper in my area...I NEED some of those clothes for Lucy!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I am jealous you know Matilda Jane! I am really looking forward to owning some pieces!

The glimpses of Jenny's collection appears to be very promising..I can't wait for you to unveil Jenny's goods!!

Heather said...

Yeah for Dayton!Woohoo!

And the photo shoot is way too cute! Good for you and for Myah - she is the perfect model, just stunning. Jenny's stuff looks amazing and yhou know we are all always looking for amazing for our cherubs:)

Still hooked on MJ and now it looks like Jenny will be on our list of favorites.

Have a great weekend.
Heather

Adele said...

Oh the pics of Myah are just stunning! She could truly be a model. She takes the best pics! Have a great week!