Monday, June 2, 2008

Myah's 3rd Birthday Party


We are so thankful for the wonderful friends and family that helped make Myah's birthday party a success. This is only the second party that I have been able to throw for Myah. I get giddy anytime I can decorate with pink! I tried to keep it pretty simple this year and just invited her 12 of her little friends over. We didn't have a party with the family this year because everyone is just so busy. It was crazy having Mark's and Myah's birthdays so close, I hope that it gets easier to make both days special for each of them because I always feel like I am forgetting something. I tore the pink balloons down in order to put up over the hill stuff, I have been in the party supply store so much lately they are probably wondering what kind of party freak I am!

I loved having the party at our house, I enjoy inviting friends into our home to celebrate, there is just something about it that I treasure. This year I decided to save a few buck and make my own cake, ...never again. There are just some things that I should leave to the professionals! I had a light pink and bright pink polka dot theme so that was my inspiration for finding little round candies to make the polka dots on her cake. I opted for gum balls and neco wafers. I also made the "3" on top of her cake out of a wooden cut out from Joanne's and painted it, put ribbon and sequins on it and wa-la, an inexpensive but cute accent for her cake that hopefully distracted from the lopsided-ness of the cake! I lucked out and found the most beautiful roses at Costco, I threw in some of my snow ball bush for accents and it is still a gorgeous centerpiece in our house today even. Gotta love that Costco, 2 dozen roses for $14! I made a cd of our favorite vintage children's music as a favor for the guests with Myah's picture on the front. I found the perfect little bags at Joanne's to slip the cd inside of. The girls painted them with fabric paint. Of course Myah's was loaded with paint and got it on her pretty party shirt. Oh well, a memory of the great time she had! Speaking of the shirt, I loved it and everyone asked about it, I ordered it online from Hannah Olivia Designs. I love her things! I even bought the matching bow, it was so adorable! We ate a light lunch and opened gifts, Myah got so many fun new things, it is nice to have some fresh toys for her to play with. Lots of girly stuff, puzzles, books, playdough, she is loving everything! We found a pinata at the party store the day before, I wasn't planning on having one but Myah insisted and she was so proud of it, it was perfect because it had strings to pull instead of hitting it with a bat, someone is getting smart! Myah of course had the most candy in her baggie and carried it around like a football, we were all cracking up. Even this weekend people have asked what she got at her party and she replies "candy". Go figure!

It was such a speical day, it was so nice to have everyone together for the first time. It was a crazy day and we slept very good that night! But oh the memories we have! Thank you to everyone who came and showered us with your friendship and love. It was a perfect day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet day!! You did a wonderful job with all the special preparations, Leslie!

Jennifer, mommy to Adrienne

Colleen said...

What a beautiful and fun party! These photos are adorable! You did a great job Mommy! The cake is precious! I too love having birthday parties at home and this is the first year after having the kids parties at home for the last 12 years that we will have Faith's party at a jump and bounce place. Her request!
Happy Birthday to Myah! What a beautiful birthday girl she is!

jennifer said...

WOW! You must be exhausted! I cannot believe you made that beautiful cake! I could never do that. Everything looked perfect, and I loved Myah's outfit (especially the tutu).

Happy Birthday Myah!!

Jana said...

I LOVED the cake!!! I'm in awe that you made it yourself -- so very sweet. Polka dots are my favorite anyway -- Oakley had them last year on her cake in shades of pink, blue and brown and green. The bakery fought me on the brown, but I won (since I was paying for it) and it turned out adorable. What a great idea for the vintage music CD -- I might just have to steal that one for Oakley's party favors at her next party! What a beautiful girl and a beautiful party. Happy Birthday to Myah!

Jodee said...

Wow! What a beautiful party day! I love polkadots too. Adorable pictures of Myah!

Annette said...

Looks like a fun time... I love your decorating and party ideas! So cute... I'm a sucker for 'pink' too! I went bonkers just before Isabella's birthday loading up on every kind of 'pink' sweets/candy for our 'sweets bar'. But it looked so pretty when it was done! Great job on the cake!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ok, the cake was AMAZING!! You inspired me - totally. I love the polka dot them; I will totally be using you for inspiration when we have our girl home!! I love the old fashioned candy - the buttons & the gum balls. And of course, I love Myah's tutu for the day! I think it was very beautiful; the little details really made it!

Two Blue Rooms said...

What a beautiful party! I especially love the cake - I think it turned out great. I didn't even notice it was lopsided as you say - and even if it was, some fun/artsy cakes are intentionally make that way.

Please do tell: What are some of the vintage songs you had on the CD? I am totally going to steal your idea! :)

Kimberlyn

PS Hugs to Myah from Evan.

Lori said...

Oh Leslie, Myah's little party is oozing with cuteness! Everything is so pretty and fun and PINK!! She looks so happy! Great job with the cake!
(Only you would throw a party for that many little girls and call it simple! lol :D)
Happy Birthday to your little princess!!

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

What a GORGEOUS party! Kate is so sorry that she missed it. You are the hostess with the mostest:0)

Happy Birthday Sweetie Myah!

LOVE that outfit too!!!!!!


Kim