Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dayton's Last Day of School

Last day as a 7th grader!Walking to the bus stop!

This was taken on the first day of school. It is hard to tell but he has changed alot!

It's is official, school is out! Boy this year flew by, I can't believe it is over actually. He is now an 8th grader, which means that at this time next year he will be going into high school which totally freaks me out! I always take a picture of him on the first and last days of school, and of course the sunshine is always blaring in his eyes and he "can't see" so the pictures are always oh so fabulous, yeah right. He had a great year, he loved all of his teachers and they loved him as well. It is strange that the older they get the less you know about what is going on in school. I used to be volunteering all of the time but you rarely get a chance to walk into the school now let alone volunteer, nor does he want me to chaperone on fieldtrips anymore. Boo hoo. Times are changing, instead of a nice end of the year gift for his teachers like I used to do, I sent them all a very sweet email thanking them for being so good to Dayton this year. I actually got very nice responses from all of them thanking me for my kind words and telling me what a great son we have. Aw shucks! He is a great kid and we sure are proud of him. He had a rough year heath wise, he probably missed more school than he ever has. Between getting braces and running to the allergist, I think next year should be better for him. Just a few years ago he had perfect attendance. The difference a few years makes. He brought his yearbook home today and we were giggling at all of the signatures, everyone is trying to sound cool, some girls left their phone numbers, (what is that all about?) and the most popular sentiment was H.A.G.S. (have a great summer). Oh to be in Jr. High again!


We are excited that summer is here, we have to stick around home for baseball games but hopefully we can get out and enjoy some time on the water. It hasn't sunk in yet that school is out, I am sure tomorrow morning when I don't have to wake up at 6 am it will!!! Yeah!

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Was JR High fun? I can't remember. I remember having awful, awkward dances..and braces. No, I don't think it was that fun......

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I think he has changed a LOT from that first day. We're stuck at home because of baseball too. I'm trying to find fun things to do around here for them. Enjoy your first Summer days!

~Lynn

Erin said...

Very cute! He is obviously a great kid... and you are obviously crazy about him! Oh, and H.A.G.S.

Tyler & Brenda said...

I was just browing the "Blogs by Danielle" site and scrolled down to see your blog title. I thought it was neat to see another family with a Myah spelled the same way we chose for our Myah. Your little girl is adorable.