Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Morgan needs our prayers now more than ever

Live every moment God has given you~ With Love, Morgan
Morgan with Jenny and Christina, Val's daughters.
Lifting our hopes and dreams to the Heavens

I know some of you remember the post I did back in December about a special girl named Morgan who had a rare form of brain cancer. (I don't know how to link to my past post but it was Dec. 4th 2007 if you want to go back). I just received a prayer request from Pastor Kelly asking us to stop what we are doing and say a prayer for Morgan and her family. Hospice has informed them that it won't be long now, just a matter of days. My heart is breaking for everyone who knows this special young lady. Her mother has been updating her caringbridge page and I leave with tears every time. Morgan just amazes me, her faith and courage are unheard of in a child her age. I don't know her personally but my good friend Val ( who watched Myah for us) and her daughters are very close to Morgan and my heart is breaking for her and the girls as well. I just ask that you pray for Morgan and her family today. I took these images and the next paragraph from her Caring Bridge site, this was written by her mother on the 20th of June.
Someday I'll wish upon a star~ And wake up where the clouds are far behind me...
It's so amazing what God has given us all who have entered with Morgan a time that marks the end of her journey here on earth. I pray daily that our Lord will keep my mind and heart open to all that is around me. I try despartly to a peace in all of this, so that in any small way I may be of comfort to Morgan. My heart tells me we are in the last few weeks or so, as we try to soak all that she is into our souls and beings. She is truly THE MOST couragous young woman I feel I may ever know. As we hold each other, she consouls me that there is nothing to be afraid of, and that God must need her home. I have had many conversations with God too. I need my baby home here with me~ and then regretfully remind my heart that this is not her home. It is not listening. Morgan continues her fight daily. Her breathing is slow and has developed a musus cough. It is so hard for her to speak as it requires to many breaths in between. She eats~ and eats.. which is so funny, as it is from the ton of steriods she is on daily. Although it takes her maybe 30 minutes or so to finish something small. Her sense of humor is still wildly funny, she will break into dance on our way to the bathrrom which sends us all to the floor laughing. She is our Hero.

8 comments:

Jill said...

With tears, a prayer for Morgan.....

Jill said...

With tears, praying for Morgan.....

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Leslie, this is so sad. I remember your post about Morgan. I'll be praying for her.

~Lynn

Erin said...

May her faily be blessed with solace. She is a beautiful girl, and her mother wrote such beautiful words. It breaks my heart to think that others must go through the intense pain of losing a child. I pray that they will find peace, but I know the joutrney is long and brutal.

Leslie said...

Leslie, this is so heartbreaking and brings me to tears for this family. I also remember when you posted about her. When I saw her sweet pictures, I was hoping for some good news. I'll be praying for her and her family. I couldn't imagine losing a child, and her mother is so strong. She wrote a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Colleen said...

Morgan is so beautiful. This just breaks my heart. Many prayers to Morgan and her family that they find peace.....

Anonymous said...

Can you post her caringbridge site so we can go send her love?

Football and Fried Rice said...

Father, I pray that you will embrace Morgan's family & friends and that your Holy Spirit will enable them to remember the gift that they have been given of Morgan's life on earth. Lord, I pray that you will give them the strength to continue Morgan's legacy of reminding others of the precious gift of life & the gift of eternal life in your Son. Father, hold Morgan close to your heart as you call her home to you..ease her pain and bring peace to those who surround her.