Sunday, December 9, 2007

Grandma's Surprise 80th Party!


Whew! We pulled it off! We had a suprise 80th Birthday Party for my Grandma Verna yesterday. She was completely shocked and surprised! She is not a person who likes to be the center of attention so it was extra fun to shower her with so much deserved attention. We had a wonderful day, I love my family so much, we laugh all of the time that we are together. We rented the hall that we usually have our family Christmas party at and we tricked her into coming inside, wow have we told the lies lately! It took her a while to figure out that we were all there for her. We didn't want the day to end, my cousin Penny flew in from Florida, many of us stayed at the hall after everyone had left just so we could catch up with each other. It just makes me miss them all the more! No one recognized Dayton, they could not believe how much he has changed, mind you, it has been probably about 6 months since many of them had seen him. Myah was a social butterfly, she loved playing with all of her relatives. They love her so much too, it just warms my heart. We have given her this family and she is so blessed, I feel the same way about them too. I think I can say with the utmost certainy that Grandma had a great day, I am so glad! Here are a few pictures from the day.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

What an fun day celebrating your grandma! Looks like you really surprised her. I loved all the pictures from the day, and especially liked all the old ones. God has really blessed you with loving family!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Leslie~

What a fantastic day for your entire family. I know you'll be talking about this one for a long time. Glad it came off without a hitch.

Blessings~
Lisa

Heather said...

Oh Leslie - how wonderful!! I love to see the history that makes people who they are, thank you so much for sharing these precious photos. Happy Birthday Grandma! It makes sense someone as kind as you are comes from amazing stock!

Have a great week!
Heather

Danielle Moss said...

Leslie,

I am so glad you were able to honor your grandmother with such a special surprise. Way to go pulling it off!

Danielle

3 Peanuts said...

Aww.. this is so sweet. I loed seeing the old photos. I am sure your Grandma loved every minute of it. I am glad the party went well. You deserved a happy family get toegther after the painful times you have had recently.

Love,
Kim

Dawn said...

What a beautiful Lady. Happy 80th!!