Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grandma's Gone to be with Jesus


My sweet Grandma passed away on Friday around 3 pm. She started having mini heart attacks around noon and after reviving her several times she made the decision to let nature take its course. We are busy preparing for our final goodbyes, but my heart is aching to see her and talk with her again. There are so many things I am missing about her already. She was a strong woman with a few weeknesses (mainly sweets!), she fought very hard the past few weeks while she was in the hospital. I loved her so much and she will never be forgotten. It has been a hectic weekend around here, Dayton had his first homecoming on Friday and Saturday. I feel bad that I wasn't able to enjoy the whole weekend with him but he understands. He had a fun time and I will share pictures later. Please continue to hold our family up in prayer, it has certainly not been an easy 3 weeks for us. Rest in peace sweet Grandma.
To view her 80th surprise birthday party go here

7 comments:

DiJo said...

Sending you a big girlfriend hug!

~Blessings,
Diana

Sheri said...

Praying for all of you.....

Stefanie said...

Oh, Leslie.. I am so sorry. I still miss my grandma and it's been almost 10 years since she passed away. Something about the love of a grandparent that we never forget :)
Thinking of you!!

Courtney said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

snekcip said...

There is nothing as special as Grandmothers! Lifting your family in prayer.

Virginia said...

I am so so sorry to hear this. I still miss my Gramma after many years. She sounds like a special lady, and I know you will always have many wonderful memories. ((hugs))

Gin

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie, I am so very sorry about the loss of your grandma. I am sending you big hugs too. You have had such rough year.

Kim