Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mark Schultz Concert

My hubby, not to be confused with the "real" Mark Schultz
We had great seats!

I know, you thought my hubby had taken up vocal lessons right? Not quite. I am married to a wonderful man but this was not my beloved on stage, it was Mark Schultz the talented CCM artist, whom I do love too but in a different way than the man who shares his name, and my heart. We had a special date night on Saturday with our good friends Kurt and Debby, we had a nice dinner at a trendy little restaurant and then a great concert. Mark was just incredible, it was a more intimate concert, he was very casual and hilarious. People could literally walk up on stage with him. He was amazing and I laughed and cried at the same time. His songs have always been my favorites, he writes so passionately. In the audience that night was the family of a young girl who had died of cancer, Mark introduced a song that is going to be on his next album and was inspired by this young girl. He cried during it and the Dad stood up first for a standing ovation, so did the rest of us. You will love this song when you hear it, trust me! Get the tissues! One of my favorite songs of his is "Everything To Me", Mark was adopted and this song is about just that, "when you gave me up, you gave everything to me". As an adoptive parent, I was so thrilled that he fulfilled someones request to play it for us, he cried during that one too!
We had a great time and it was a special night out for us, much needed after the long week that we had with Lon's funeral and all. I will put a favorite Mark Schultz song on today for your listening pleasure, if you have never listened to him before, I guarantee you will love him as much as we do. With a name like Schultz he has to be great right?!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

How funny that they share that name! I'm glad y'all had a great time.

I'm so sorry to hear about your step father's funeral. Your family is in my prayers!

Sheri said...

Love the pictures of Mark by the sign that says "Mark Schultz." My kids have always thought it was so funny that they have the same name. Sounds like a great night out for you!