Monday, April 27, 2009

Referral Day 3 Year Anniversary


I am still in awe at how far she has come!
We bought her a small rose plant today.
I told her not to smile so she could look like she did in her referral picture and she kept laughing, here is one that worked!

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of receiving Myah's referral. I will never forget how elated we were that day, it was incredible to see the face of the little girl who we would be traveling across the world to meet and welcome into our lives. She became our daughter at that very moment. The moment that Mary opened the envelope and pushed the little pictures across the table. We knew when we saw a picture of her on a police car that she was always meant to be ours. I remember distinctly just staring at her pictures, I carried them with me everywhere and went to bed with them on my nightstand. I was trying to encrypt her face into my mind. I feel like such a heel, I thought that her referral day was tomorrow, I don't know how I got confused. Thanks to my good buddy Sheri for calling me and reminding me that it was today. We always spend it together, life has just got busy for us and hopefully soon we celebrate in person. Referral day would never have been as special if it weren't for those wonderful families that we got to share it with. We did manage to squeeze in a Chinese dinner tonight along with a little cake and flowers! Myah looked at photo albums today of when we were in China and she was full of questions and very intrigued! I can't wait till she can understand it all. Someday.


Happy Referral Day sweet girl, we love you more than we could have every expected!

8 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Happy 3 year anniversary for your referral day. Nothing can compare to seeing that referral photo for the first time. What a blessing!

DiJo said...

Happy Referral-versary!!! It is amazing how quickly it all goes!!!! She is so beautiful!!!!

Blessings for another wonderful year as a family!

~Diana

Love Being A Nonny said...

What's NOT to love here...what a blessing. You are indeed blessed!

Kim said...

Congratulations! Myah is so beautiful! Enjoy this special day together!

Virginia said...

Happy Referral Day anniversary to you and your beautiful Myah. She seems like such a happy, funny, special little girl! This post made me laugh because I'm doing EVERYTHING you said you did after you saw her sweet face. I can't to anywhere without having Kerry's photos with me and, yes, I have two framed and sitting on my nightstand.

Gin =)

Rachel said...

Happy 3 year anniversary! Myah is so beautiful.

the meaklims said...

Congratulations! She's just beautiful, then and now! Amazing pictures!

Patty said...

Happy Anniversary. Your daughter is so beautiful!!