Thursday, April 23, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

Here is a sneak peak of Myah in her dance costume as "Little Red Rappin' Hood".
Here is the bus carrying Dayton to D.C.!

There they go!


Myah and Dayton before leaving, she was off to soccer.

One last parting shot before Dayton left.

I thought I had better catch up on here a little bit before I fall really behind. This is such a busy time for us. Dayton is playing baseball again, his first game was supposed to be on Tues. but it got rained/cold out. Myah's dance class is getting down to the last 2 weeks and her recital is May 16th! She had dance pictures on Saturday and I snapped a few pics before I left quickly. She looked so cute and is getting really excited to perform. I am really amazed at how much she learned this year. She is going to be "Little Red Rappin' Hood", the routine is very cute. She also started playing on an instructional soccer team last night. She loved it and it is perfect for her aggressive personality! I didn't get to go with her last night, Mark took her because I had to take Dayton to the school so he could leave on his trip to Washington D.C with his 8th grade class. Boo Hoo! This is the farthest he has ever been away from us on his own. He will be back Sunday morning at 5:45 am! I tried to call him this morning and he texted me and said he was at the Liberty Bell, they went to Philadelphia first and ate breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe. They will be in D.C. this afternoon. I am sure he is having a blast! Last night they had to sleep all night on the bus! They took 4 charter buses and my friends and I stood and waved to the buses on their way out of town, it was cute, they honked at us and waved! Such a strange feeling seeing all of our kids leaving town. Myah is missing him already as am I. Mark only has 3 more midnights to work and he will be on days again, I do feel more secure when Dayton is home at night with me, oddly enough, he is becoming a young man and he could probably protect us better than I could ;) , so it was strange just having Myah and I here last night. The good news is that our neighbors Ken and Pam made it back home after being snow birds in Florida for the winter. I was so happy to see lights on again at their house.

I have not been myself lately at all. I thought I was just exhausted from losing dad and all. I have had no energy, any little activity has my pulse just racing! I have not been able to do the laundry or climb the stairs without completely being out of breath. I have had a strange episode with seeing weird lights in my eyes so I went to the ER for that. I have been going to the doctor weekly. I have had tests done on my heart and thankfully got good results from that. After lots of bloodwork the doctor called and told me on Tuesday that I am severely anemic. So I have started taking iron and I have a few more doctors appts. to get the root of the problem so hopefully I will be back to my "normal" self soon. This is no fun! Say a little prayer for me if you would! I am so glad that the warm weather is on its way, the sunshine will do me some good! We might even put the boat in this weekend!

Dayton's birthday is next Friday, he will be 14! He is also busy doing his huge 8th grade portfolio and gathering lots of family information. It was fun doing our family tree, I actually traced some of my family back to the 1600's! Mark's aunts were so helpful in filling in the blanks on his side. I have always been interested in our heritage and this was a great project for us to do together. I loved sitting down with my Grandpa F. and Grandma A. and writing down their life stories. I wish I would have done this with all of our Grandparents while they were alive. I had to write Dayton a letter about his life and give him words of wisdom, mine ended up being the longest he said! But I did make Mark tear up when he read it so I figured it must have been good! They have a huge 8th grade banquet at the end of the year with a nice dinner and an awards ceremony and the portfolios will all be on display. I had to laugh when he asked me to take him to the scrapbook store ! Music to my ears! He said they have no good decorative papers at school to use for his cover.

I also just joined Face*book, so many of our family members are on there and it has been so much fun catching up with those that I don't ever get to see. I even found my sweet roommate from college who lives in Colorado! I am keeping it to just the people I know and love, so it is a fun place for me to "hang out" after the kids have gone to bed!

Well, I am off to enjoy the nice weather with Myah and Mark! Thanks for checking in on us!

7 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Myah looks so cute in her dance outfit. You have been busy and don't know how you're doing it all with severe anemia. Take care and hope the iron has you feeling lots better soon :)

Unknown said...

You do sound busy. Hubby just got diagnosed with anemia after being hospitalized for dehydration. had to get 2 units of blood. Glad you found your anemia early!!!

Kim said...

I've been thinking of you! I'll certainly keep you lifted up in prayer!

Rachel said...

Myah's dance outfit is adorable! I can't wait until Lily can take dance (this fall, as long as she's potty trained!).

I'm glad you've figured out what's wrong and hope you're feeling better soon.

Virginia said...

Myah is so adorable in that outfit! I hope you're feeling much better very soon. I'm glad it's "only" anemia too, since that's usually an easy fix.

snekcip said...

I can't wait for my little one to begin taking dance! How fun!!! Myah is just precious in her costume!!

I too, was severely anemic and had the symptoms of tiredness, irritability, insomnia, dizziness, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, etc and that was just so UNLIKE me, after a visit to my Dr. and labwork, it was discovered that I had GRAVES DISEASE (thyroid condition) and after SEVERAL adjustments to meds and countless trips to the Dr and IRON injections,(I have a hard time keeping the iron tablets to stay down) I feel alot better! This MAY NOT be your case (I pray that it isn't) but keep in mine, the anemia/monthly menstrual cycle causes conflict in those of us who suffer w/anemia, so just be sure you have your Dr monitor your blood and stay VIGILANT w/taking your iron tablets, and you will be fine.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better soon. I will say some prayers! Myah looks so cute in her costume!!!

Kate's recital is May 19th:)