Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter


Myah's official Easter photo 2009, she gave the Easter bunny a plastic egg and he filled it with a few pieces of candy and gave it back to her.

This was Grandpa making it rain Easter grass for the girls last Easter, Myah has just had her tonsils out that week and we decided at the very last minute to drive up north for dinner, I am so thankful we did.
My Grandma, Uncle Mike, Aunt Kris and my mom (behind Kris), trying to figure out who the crazy lady was in front of them taking their picture! It was so fun to surprise them! This was around 10:15 pm!

We are big "you might be a redneck if..." fans and when we saw this today we just had to take a picture of it! Mark said " well, that is an interesting way to haul your boat" and I looked up and cracked up! How did they get it on top of the truck, and how are they going to get it down? So funny!



We took Myah to see the Easter Bunny today in Toledo, she was so excited and kept waving at him while she stood in line. It is so fun to get to do these things again, it doesn't seem that long ago that Dayton was that little. We also took Dayton shopping for some new clothes because he has outgrown everything, we surely do not have the same taste in clothing, not that he has bad taste, he thinks we do, and apparently, we should not talk to him in public while shopping either. O...Kay. This is spring break week and we have done nothing.... do you hear the crickets. Boring! But I have to say I am not sure I would have been up to travleing anyhow, I have had a few health issues to deal with lately, so maybe it was best that we stayed home. However, I am so ready for warm weather, I am boucing off of the walls and so are the kids. We did have fun last night, we surprised my mom at the airport as she arrived home from her first trip to Florida with my Uncle Mike and his family and my Grandma. We were there to help with luggage, they said we were a sight for sore eyes, it was fun to see them too. Marks mom Phyllis is now home too, she has been gone since the day after Christmas so we look forward to seeing her and Lon this weekend. Sadly though it is very apparent that my Dad is no longer with us. This is our first Easter without Dad to call and act like the Easter Bunny to the girls. Last year he made is "snow" easter grass for the girls with their new umbrellas. He made the holidays fun, we knew he would make us laugh. He loved watching the little girls play, he was always video taping the kids. He also loved sitting with the guys, especially Dayton and talking about sports and the upcoming fishing season. We always knew when the bluegills were biting, he would call and tell us to get Dayton up there, stop by the bait shop first and get his pole in the water. Dad would usually sit in the house the last few years because of the cold and watch Dayton on the dock and if Dayton got one he would always run it up to the house to show Grandpa. Oh how different it is now. I would never wish him back in the condition he was in but I would love to hear his voice again, get a kiss from his scratchy beard and listen to his stories. I miss him.... bad. We all do.

I am slowing everything down lately and letting stuff "go". I want to enjoy my family, we have been spending more quality time together. I loved making little baskets for my nieces this week, and assisting the Easter bunny for my own kids. We colored eggs yesterday and in Grandma S's tradition, we wrote our names on our eggs before dipping them. Myah even put Papa's name on one.

Spring is here, I am so thankful. I need the change that is for sure! Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! Enjoy them while you still can Alexis is a Senior this year. WOW, how time flies. This is probably our last Easter with her for a while. You know college next year. If she can get her health under control she will be in Miami this time next year! Lucky her...oh, just a reason for us to go somewhere WARM!! To catch up on her go visit www.carepages.com/carepages/alexisharrison

Virginia said...

What a gift to have such wonderful memories of your Father. I hope your health issues resolve quickly. Have a nice spring break an a very happy Easter!

Gin =)

fleur de lis cottage said...

I'm thinking of you this Easter. Myah looks so grown up in these photos. I have to say, the last photo did crack me up.

Hugs and have a blessed Easter

DiJo said...

HAPPY EASTER LESLIE!!!

~Blessings,
Diana

Lori said...

Sending Easter blessings your way. :)