Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008














We are on sugar highs this morning, must mean went trick or treating last night! Mark had to work, so we were rushing around making dinner, sending Daddy off to work and getting dressed all before 5:30. Our small neighborhood does it early so that we can all go out to bigger and better places to really load up on candy. Myah had a blast, if you know her you know how much she obsesses with food/candy when it is in her presence so you gotta believe she thinks this is the best night of her life! Many of our neighbors give out special items for the kids because there are so few of us, some even gave out full size candy bars, I just love where we live! My neighbor Linda even provided hot cocoa and donuts for the adults. The weather this year was unheard of for Halloween! It was so warm, like in the mid 60's, normally we are rushing through the neighborhood because it is freezing, last night we mingled and played outside beforehand. This was the first year that Dayton did not dress up, kind of sad for this momma but he still walked around with us, in shorts no less!!! We have seen snow flakes a few times over the past two weeks so we were extremely surprised and elated to have a few days of warm weather.
Myah looked so sweet in her fairy costume that Aunt Melanie made for her, thank you Aunt Mel! I curled Myah's hair and put some makeup on her, boy did she look pretty, she came walking down stairs and Mark looked at her like she was ready for the prom, couldn't believe how blessed he is to be her daddy. We were sitting at the dinner table and I remarked that the rest of us looked washed out next to her, with her dark hair, dark skin, and all of the fluff! She definately got lots of looks and oohs and ahhs. We are going to be in big trouble someday I have to believe! After we made the rounds in our neighborhood we went into our little downtown area with a few neighbors and visited the businesses, even the Chinese restaurant gave out fortune cookies! We came home and sorted through the candy, Myah was begging for a piece so she tried and extreme sour warhead, oh my. I took this little video clip, you can see for yourself, it was a wee bit sour! Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!


11 comments:

Dawn said...

What a darling Fairy...those costumes turned out so sweet!! No sour warheads for me either!!

Sheri said...

Myah looks so cute in her fairy princess outfit! Looks like you all had a great time. We sure were blessed with beautiful weather.

Roger That said...

Myah is a doll!! She is getting so big and it was fun to see you both at Play Group. I love catching up on your blog:)

Abbie Bast said...

Oh Les....what a BEAUTIFUL fairy you have!! I loved the video of her saying disgusting at the end....so precious!

Jodee said...

Oh my goodness! These pictures are just adorable!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - she looks beautiful Leslie!! We were blessed by beautiful weather also...I think I need a neighbor like Linda though, hot chocolate and doughnits - she is awesome!

Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Heather

Melanie said...

Little Miss Myah can do and say anything and look gorgeous!!! I am so glad that she liked her costume... I knew it had to be pink!

Staci said...

What a beautiful little fairy! Great pictures. :)
Staci
www.2intaiwan.blogspot.com

Erin said...

So So CUTE! The costumes are remarkable, and the video made me laugh so hard. Her little face is so cute all puckered up. I think she tried really hard to like that sour warhead, bless her heart!

DiJo said...

Oh, she is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I hope that Ruby will let me do her hair like Myah's someday... I am not sure we will get he curls though!!! Love the video! Was it an apple green jolly rancher! It sounds like you had a beautiful night. We had gorgeous weather too!!!!!

Blessings,
Diana

fleur de lis cottage said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween. Myah's costume is awesome...looks so magical.