Monday, November 10, 2008

A Familiar Face

Mrs. Li and Mr. Shao, the new orphange director listening to updates sent to them from our families.

Rose with her sponsored foster child. The woman that held Myah is in the doorway in the tan leather jacket.


Same lady standing next to Mrs. Li and Rose.
Here is the picture of Myah waiting in the doorway with before we Got Her!


Here is the young lady holding Myah, sorry it is blurry we were shaking, it was the first time we saw her.



Susan and Rose have spent the past few days at Myah's orphanage and the images are just tugging at my heart in so many ways. I believe that our camera was delivered yesterday, I did not receive an email from her today but I did receive several yesterday from her. I am still amazed that we can email almost instantly to this little area of the world. I read Rose's blog and today she said that she did not want to talk about her visit to the orphanage because it made her sad. I can't imagine what this young lady is going through. I don't think they got the answers they were hoping for. They did however meet up with the previous orphanage director Mrs. Li who was also there when we were there. She had some nice photos with her and the best gift of all to me was that she went back to their hotel room with them and Suzy got online and showed her my blog! I am in awe! Mrs. Li was able to see Myah in her Halloween costume! They also were able to see the albums that everyone had sent. How can we ever thank Suzy and Rose enough for being the delivery person for our heartfelt pages. I started to cry today when I saw a picture of one of the orphange staff standing in a picture with Rose, she was the same woman who was holding our Myah when we saw her for the first time on Gotcha Day and who stood in the doorway holding our sweetie before we could get our hands on her. I just get so emotional when I think about Myah's past, so many questions that will never have answers. Myah has started asking me questions about when she was a tiny baby, I try as hard as I can to reassure her that mommy gave her a bottle and held her in her rocking chair until she fell asleep. I wish I had more memories to share with her. That will come someday I am sure. But for now, the new images I have from Susan will have to do, any little glimpses from Myah's past are treasures. Suzy said she would try to bring me some soil from Tuanfeng for Myah as well. Some orphanges give that to families on Gotcha Day, ours did not. I pray that our video camera can serve as another way for the staff to enrich the lives of those who live within the walls of their compound. And maybe one day families will be able to have video of their child before they were adopted, what a priceless gift that would be.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm all emotional over here, too! Wow, that is incredible that the same woman who held Myah and placed her in your arms is in these pictures. I loved seeing Director Li in the pictures, and hearing about Rose and Suzy's trip. I can't wait until the day we go back there with our girls. We are going to be blubbering the same way we did on Gotcha Day! :)

DiJo said...

I am hugging you from here Leslie!!!!

It makes me want to cry to. Myah is such a blessing!
Your photo of her from the first snow is breathtaking!

Love,
Diana

Erin said...

Oh Leslie... this tugs at my heart. I know that Myah is where she is meant to be. That her time in China had a purpose, and that she is with the family who is meant to be hers. Beautiful post.

Erin said...

Oh Leslie... this tugs at my heart. I know that Myah is where she is meant to be. That her time in China had a purpose, and that she is with the family who is meant to be hers. Beautiful post.