Friday, June 15, 2007

Two Years Ago This Morning.......


This beautiful, raven-haired baby girl was found all alone on the orphanage steps two years ago today. The wonderful people at Tuanfeng SWI took her in and snapped this priceless photo of our little Li Wen Ting. I have taken thousands of photographs in my life, none of them even come close to being as precious as this particular one is to our family. What makes it so remarkable is the fact that a picture of her so young even exists. Even more so is the fact that the SWI gave us a copy of it in a beautiful album with pictures taken throughout her first year of life. I have stared at this photo and examined every aspect of it. These were the clothes that her mother (maybe father too) wrapped her in. I can't imagine how she must have felt when she dressed her little baby for this day. She was bundled in 3 layers. I am sure that the weather was very hot that day, she lived in a very warm area of China. She was so tiny, with so much hair! I have been torn about sharing this picture with others for a while. However, I have come to peace with my decision and I hope that Myah will understand someday why I decided to share it. There are many items that I have left for "just her" to decide if she wants to share someday. I know that God was looking out for little Myah that morning. For a moment in time, she was all alone, with no one, no possessions, no note, just the clothes that she was swaddled in. She was a fighter and still is. I wish with all of my heart that today her birthmother feels like she did the right thing by letting Myah go. I pray that she isn't living her life in shame or regret. We said our prayers last night before Myah went to bed and while we were praying for Myah's birth parents, she was the happiest that I had seen her all day. She was laughing and throwing her head back from giggling so hard. I felt very good at that moment, we have done the right thing, and so did her birthmother. Please say a prayer today for all of us. Yesterday I was at our local antique mall looking for furniture for Myah's big girl room and I came across this Chinese Proverb that someone had painted on a picture of flowers it was a red thread moment for me and I thought it was appropriate for today."Flowers leave some of their fragrance on the hand that bestows them”.

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a beautiful post and photo! It's obvious the joy you all have as a family!! I said a prayer for all of you! What a special and emotion-filled day!