Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fourteen Wonderful Years!

I love this picture, it was taken during the ceremony, you don't see all of the guests but it captured many of our loved ones.
I took a few pictures with my camera from our wedding album.
I love this picture because it shows the true Mark and Leslie, always goofing around! Our sense of humor has always been our strong point!

Today is our fourteenth wedding anniversary! We have been together since I was 15 years old and Mark was 17. We dated 7 years before we were married. It seems like I have been with him forever. We knew each other in elementary school, he was my best friend's "boyfriend"! I was a cheerleader and he was a basketball player. We were together all through my high school years and college years. A year after he graduated from college and began his police career, he proposed to me and I gladly accepted! We were married in the church that Mark was baptized in as a baby, his parents were married there and most of his family was also. It was a very beautiful day and looking back it was the most special day of our lives. We had planned every detail ourselves and enlisted our families help in making the day perfect. I will never forget walking down the long aisle smiling at all of our family and friends, we had about 400 guests and I was grateful to see each and every one of them. At the end of the aisle stood my handsome groom. I had nerves of steel and he was nervous as could be. I have never felt so loved in all my life as I did standing at the alter knowing that everyone in the world who loved us and cared for us were seated in the pews. As we were looking through our album tonight I noticed how many of those people have passed away. Many loved ones who sat in the first and second pews are gone. We are so grateful that they were there to witness our vows. We know that they are still here with us, guiding us and protecting us just like they did that day. Time has flown, our waists have grown, our hair is gray but we still have the same authentic love that has carried us through all of lifes ups and downs. This past month our flower girl just graduated from high school as co-valedictorian, we are starting to feel old! I am so blessed to have Mark in my life and am excited to see what our future holds for us! I love you honey! Happy Anniversary!
PS: We stayed up really late tonight watching our wedding videos, we haven't watched them in a few years. It was so funny seeing Dayton's reactions, he was laughing at how big everyone's glasses were and he also proclaimed that when he gets married he will pick a very short song to dance to for his first bridal dance, he claims it would be too embarrassing to dance in front of all of those people for so long! This coming from the boy who break danced in front of everyone at the last wedding we attended! We laughed and cried, all of the things you do when you reminisce! I also forgot to mention that once again we spent our anniversary at Dayton's baseball game, they WON! We all went out to Dairy Queen for ice cream to celebrate afterwards!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Leslie, how sweet! What a fun way to celebrate your special day! It looks like a lovely wedding and I'm sure you had a lot of fun!! What a handsome wedding party! Love the little girls dress, such frills!! :)
It's fun to look back huh?!
Happy Anniversary!!

Lori said...

ps love what you said about your "authentic love"!