Friday, March 5, 2010

Dayton's an Official Driver Now!!!

This was taken a few weeks ago when he got his pink slip! Today we went to Sec. of State and go the real learner permit allowing him to drive with us until he turns 16! He is doing pretty good, just stay out of our way if you see us coming!!! Ha ha!!! Oh, unless he is parallel parking, apparently he is great at doing that! We survived our first trip on the expressway with him tonight during rush hour, lets just say I need to make another appt. to get my hair colored... very soon! Awww, just kidding! Congrats Dayton!!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Love the song.. brings back a few mwmories!!!!!

Congrats Big D... I cannot wait to see your mom's hair!!!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Honestly, though I was nervous, I was so excited when my three started driving. Excited for THEM. What a milestone. What freedom. What independence. The natural progression away from mom and dad. The loosening of the apron strings. Another one of those very tough times for us...but we really wouldn't want it any other way. Enjoy him...he is a doll!

Kimberly said...

I know its terrifying when you get behind the wheel with your child!!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh that is so exciting and nerve wracking! Congratulations?!

snekcip said...

Oh how I remember these times! My knuckles turned just as white as my hair!! It's funny...wait until your start stumping "imaginary brakes" from the passenger side!!! Jussssssst Lovely!!!

Congrats Dayton!! Notice I didn't add *500* behind his name....not a good thing, esp for a teen boy!! LOL!!!

Rhonda Moon said...

My son just started driving. It's a new chapter in our lives. Life is always changing. It's pretty good.