Sunday, March 21, 2010

400th Post!!!

My last entry for my photography class, just love her profile! These are from last year, I can't wait to get some of him in his official high school uniform!


We are so proud of our nephew Taylor, he is in the final 8 for high school basketball, we are going to watch him again this week! He just signed to play football and baseball at Wheaton University. Here we are posing with him after a super exciting game!


Oh my goodness! I cannot believe that it is my 400th post! If you add that with the 2 years that I wrote on Baby Jelly Beans (before this blog), I have basically written a book! I have been blogging now for almost 5 years ! When I first started no one really knew what a blog was, now they are everywhere! I had never heard of a blog either until I started the adoption process, it was a great way for families, while in China, to share pictures and stories with their loved ones back home. I still have friends and family telling me how they looked forward to checking their computers to see if we had posted anything new. Believe me it was great for us too, we loved getting comments and well wishes from our friends and family, it was very encouraging and helped get us through those long 2 weeks in a foreign country with a new baby!

My blog has become a part of me, like my journal that I kept in high school. I have gone through and re-read many posts and am amazed at how both of the kids are changing, this blog has been such a blessing to our family. Thanks so much for still caring about our day to day lives and for your words of encouragament and friendship.



Ok, now that I got that out of the way, we have been celebrating all weekend, Dayton has been practicing and training for months, and I do mean months for a chance to be on the high school baseball team. Well, after a very long week full of tryouts we were thrilled to find out Friday night that he made the JV team! We are so proud of him, there were so many good boys and some really good boys (sophomores) got cut so we feel very blessed that Dayton was chosen. This is something that he has wanted since he was a little boy, to be on the high school team, so we are very happy that he has worked hard and made his dream a reality. They even had him practicing with the Varsity players, that kind of scared me! The only bad thing was that we were going to leave for spring break the morning of the 31st, well, wouldn't you know that he has his first game that night, a double header no less! So we are probably going to have to drive all night to reach our destination on time, life is always interesting that way isn't it?!

Congrats Dayton, we are so proud of you!!! He is sure growing up, yesterday he stood on his tip toes and was eye to eye with Mark, so strange to see your baby getting so big!

And then little Myah signs up for kindergarten this week, I just cannot believe that either! I had her conference with her teacher the other day and she said that Myah is more than ready for kindergarten, I am so proud of her too! Her teacher told me Myah likes to "share" alot as in tell stories about our life, which I find so funny. She told her teacher the other day that "my daddy dropped me off because my mommy's hair wasn't done this morning", well..it was sort of true but I am not that vain! Myah is also very excited to be signed up for t-ball this spring. I see lots of laughs in our future! She is such a character, she spotted some little pink batting gloves in Dick's the other day and there was no way she was going to leave without them, she wears them everywhere! She is loving the warmer temperatures and has found some new friends in the neighborhood to play with...boys! I am so behind in posting pictures on here, I will have to do that later, little miss social life has had two birthday parties this weekend, and we need to get going!

Hope you are enjoying the warmer temperatures and thawing out after this long winter!

7 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I remember when my boys tried out for high school teams...I was always SO nervous. Thankfully, they got to play too and we enjoyed many many many games from bleachers all over the state! You will have a ball!!! Congrats to him...and YOU too!

Your nephew is playing BOTH sports at Baylor? WOW!!!

Lori said...

Hey Ms Leslie!!
Big congrats to Dayton, I can't believe how tall he is!
Love the first pic of Myah, SO beautiful!
Happy 400th WONDERFUL posts!!
xoxo

Lori said...

Hey Ms Leslie!!
Big congrats to Dayton, I can't believe how tall he is!
Love the first pic of Myah, SO beautiful!
Happy 400th WONDERFUL posts!!
xoxo

3 Peanuts said...

HUGE congratulations to Taylor and Dayton!!! Wonderful news for both those athletes. And I am dying to see Myah with her lil pink batting gloves.

Kim said...

So happy for Dayton!! He's going to love his high school years playing on the team and making new friendships.

It was great seeing you and Myah. It was so cute when we left you Hannah got in the car and said, "Myah is really pretty. When can we play again?"

Congratulations on your 400th post!

paige said...

kindergarten & 400 posts!!
wow...so exciting!!
that precious little one...such a cute age
xo

ww said...

Happy 400th post! Always love checking in on you and your beautiful family. Gorgeous photo of Myah and congrats to Dayton and Taylor!