Monday, January 4, 2010

Holiday Re-cap

We always try to drive by the State Capital and Christmas tree every year.

Myah showing off her reindeer food that she sprinkled in the snow along with some carrots. She made the food in preschool at her party. She also came home that day proudly with 20, yes I said 20 tatoos on her body, all up both of her arms and her legs! Took me some scrubbing to get those babies off!
Myah is constantly writing letters to Santa, I am not sure what the inside said but Mark was able to get her to interpret what the outside said. We made special peppermint chocolate cupcakes for Santa. He gladly gobbled it up!

We always read Twas the Night Before Christmas I love this version by Robert Sabuda, he grew up in our little town.

Santa Comes a day early to our house because we are out of town for the holiday.

He even tracked snow in through the chimney!

Loving their stocking stuffers! Myah loved her Mentos and Dayton loved his Dunkin Donuts gift card, my children apparently each have a fondness for sweets, wonder where they get that from!?

The only thing Dayton asked for was a Itouch! Easy enough!
Myah got a Wii! She opened it and said "it's a family gift! " Thankfully she has graciously shared it with the whole family!
(not to say there haven't been a few ugly moments! ) She loved her weasel that Santa finally purchased from Craker Barrel and a little pink toy pistol, you have no idea how happy that made her. Yes she is my little pistol packin' preschooler, I am so proud!
This was the scene around our house all day!
Christmas Eve before we left to go north. I can't believe how much the kids have grown this year!

Up at my mom's house..... Grandpa was there for a quick visit!

Just long enough for Mel and I and the kids to snap a few pics with him!
Oh, and Mom too, on his way out the door! We all were missing my Dad pretty bad, Grandpa helped to fill that void.

Not sure what they were so excited about but thought it was funny!
Grandma and her grandbabies! She spoiled us rotten this year!
At Mark's mom's house.....
Someone was very happy to receive a new robe and slippers!
Dayton with Rachel and Nate.
Phyllis gave Lora and I both beautiful rings that were in her family. I received the ring that I wore on our wedding day as my borrowed item, her grandmother's engagement ring! So thoughtful and I also got a pearl ring that Mark's dad had bought for her.
Here I am opening my bling holding back the tears.
With my youngest bro in law Eric , gosh I look tired or something! I think I need some sun!
And the oldest, Scott! ( Who hasn't let me forget that this year I will turn the big 4-0 and join their club! )
Uncle Eric with Taylor, who is sporting his new Wheaton garments. Hmm, wonder why he likes them! Wink!
Myah with Nate, she is always telling him " I am not Agent (Asian), I am Chinese! )
Mark and his baby brother Eric.

Our New Year's Eve was spent at our good friend Kurt and Debbie's. We just hung out after a delicious dinner and played Wii, Rockband Euchre and Pool.

Not the best picture but this was me and my babies at midnight!
Our two with their five!

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Looks like everyone had a nice Christmas and some great "family time" together. Myah is growing so fast. She's such a little beauty.
Happy 2010!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh it looks like a GREAT Christmas. I love that Myah carries "heat." Kate loves a pistol too;)

Kimberly said...

beautiful family!